http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u46_IWAUsM
A good shot can be seen at 1:44. It caught my eye and Id like to have a similar one because im going to get a new guitar soon.
The brown finish with the stripe is just killer.

Looks a bit like a Carvin.
This is a very old clip from the beginning days of Papa Roach and they have come a long way since.
It is an old Carvin model, true. But I haven't seen it in their current offer for a long time now, so I can't identify it closer than that.
Quote by rv_phoenix
It is an old Carvin model, true. But I haven't seen it in their current offer for a long time now, so I can't identify it closer than that.

Yea. It looks sexy doesnt it?
Do you know of any other guitar with that stripe finish? It doesnt matter if its a six or seven string.
I believe it's a neck thru construction with a natural finish, rather than a stripe finish. You often see it on basses, on guitars it's harder to find.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
It's a Carvin DC400 in walnut, with a matte finish and a black painted headstock. The "stripe" is just the neck-through. That one has an all-maple neck, rather than a five-piece maple and walnut neck like the one below. You can still get one from Carvin.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Nov 25, 2011,
Quote by ibrahimasood
wow thats old school! i prefer old Papa Roach!

Me too! Have you heard the Old Friends From Young Years material they made back in 97`?
Quote by FatalGear41
It's a Carvin DC400 in walnut, with a matte finish and a black painted headstock. The "stripe" is just the neck-through. That one has an all-maple neck, rather than a five-piece maple and walnut neck like the one below. You can still get one from Carvin.

Are Carvin the only ones that make these kinds of finishes? Id really like to have one of those.. That Dc400w is a custom made on and it will probably be very expensive.
The DC400 Walnut is about US$1,500.00 base price. In a sense, all Carvin guitars and basses are custom made since you pick all of the options and then they build it. Yes, other manufacturers make matte or satin finishes. The problem is that you have to wait for them to release a guitar with such a finish, whereas you can order anything Carvin makes in a satin finish whenever you want. Gibson has released a few satin finished guitars over the years, as has Ibanez.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
So if I show them the picture of the guitar used in the video and tell them that I want some DiMarzios in it they will make it for me?
Ive seen many guitars with a satin finish but ive only seen Carvins with the "stripe". Imagine a dark brown guitar with a satin finish with an orange "stripe" and the headstock painted black. If I tell them what I just said above, they will make me exactly what I want?
Quote by Lyrax
So if I show them the picture of the guitar used in the video and tell them that I want some DiMarzios in it they will make it for me?
Ive seen many guitars with a satin finish but ive only seen Carvins with the "stripe". Imagine a dark brown guitar with a satin finish with an orange "stripe" and the headstock painted black. If I tell them what I just said above, they will make me exactly what I want?

Not quite. The way they are ordered is via a long checklist of options. The checklist is quite detailed and contains options for just about everything you listed, but there are a couple that aren't. Carvin is more of a "semi-custom" shop. They have lots of options for customizations but do not deviate from the checklist (though they might, but you'll have to call and talk to them when you order and it will probably cost extra). Also, they use their in-house made p-ups in everything. If you want DiMarzios in a new Carvin, you'll have to put them in yourself after you receive your guitar. Though most people tend not to put new p-ups in because the Carvin ones are pretty good.

If you are really serious about ordering the guitar you listed however, do give them a call. Perhaps they are willing to go a little more in-depth with a build with you.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Not quite. The way they are ordered is via a long checklist of options. The checklist is quite detailed and contains options for just about everything you listed, but there are a couple that aren't. Carvin is more of a "semi-custom" shop. They have lots of options for customizations but do not deviate from the checklist (though they might, but you'll have to call and talk to them when you order and it will probably cost extra). Also, they use their in-house made p-ups in everything. If you want DiMarzios in a new Carvin, you'll have to put them in yourself after you receive your guitar. Though most people tend not to put new p-ups in because the Carvin ones are pretty good.

If you are really serious about ordering the guitar you listed however, do give them a call. Perhaps they are willing to go a little more in-depth with a build with you.

Thank you! Thats pretty much what I wanted to know.
Quote by Lyrax

If I understand this right, you want the two body "wings" to be satin walnut and the center strip to be orange? You can specify that finish and they will almost definitely be willing to do it, they've done plenty of crazy finishes before. But you will probably forfeit your return policy on it and it will likely take longer than just ordering standard options.

Dimarzios, however, are a no go. Carvin don't use other manufacturer's pickups, and they're very iron about their policy on this. You'll have to change them yourself. However, if you're certain the Dimarzios are what you want in the guitar, you can ask them to build the guitar and send it to you with no pickups, just routing, then install the Dimarzios without having to remove Carvin's pickups.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Nov 27, 2011,
Quote by Flying Couch
If I understand this right, you want the two body "wings" to be satin walnut and the center strip to be orange? You can specify that finish and they will almost definitely be willing to do it, they've done plenty of crazy finishes before. But you will probably forfeit your return policy on it and it will likely take longer than just ordering standard options.

Dimarzios, however, are a no go. Carvin don't use other manufacturer's pickups, and they're very iron about their policy on this. You'll have to change them yourself. However, if you're certain the Dimarzios are what you want in the guitar, you can ask them to build the guitar and send it to you with no pickups, just routing, then install the Dimarzios without having to remove Carvin's pickups.

That would be rad! If they ship it to sweden it would cost a shitload. I probably have to wait some time till i get more cash.
But wouldnt the guitar kick ass with my specs?