I am having a tough time making my mind up about which axe i want to buy right now. Just so you know, I'm a lefty, I live in France and I have a pretty eclectic range of music I like to play, from thrash metal to blues with occasionally some light rock.
I'm getting some money soon and I've been looking online for a new guitar(for a pretty long time actually) and I've narrowed it down to a few.

- Gibson SG Special 60's tribute WSA
http://www.thomann.de/fr/gibson_sg_special_60s_tribute_wsa_lh.htm

-Ibanez S420
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/IBANEZ-S420BBSL-Blackberry-Sunburst-SABER-Left-Handed-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P5046C6.aspx

-Agile Hawker
http://www.rondomusic.com/product4036.html

Keep in mind that I would consider a switch of pickups for all three of the above if I dont feel like they suit the sound I'm looking for and I currently own an Agile Al300 (LP Copy) so I'm a bit attracted to the idea of 24 frets and a trem but that's not an absolute priority to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if you can suggest any other guitar to me that would be great too.

Thanks
If you're attracted to the idea of 24 frets and a trem it's an easy choice between those three. Get the Ibanez. If you're gonna change pickups anyway it's no question of sound either.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
personally, i can only recommend the S, but considering your range of music it may just not feel right? i haven't fiddled with a such a great number of guitars as others on UG, but i do find it difficult to get a feel for blues, jazz and light/blues rock with such a thin instrument.
im a rightey, so i dont know much in the way of left handed guitars, but the other guitarist in a band i'm in at the moment is a lefty and has some sort of ibanez RG and loves it, so you might want to look into those if you havent already
best of luck with your hunt though!

EDIT: that's not at all to say that the S isn't a great guitar, though! i've got one and it's my baby, but i play dragonforce and children of bodom and such - i was just saying that it may not be for everyone.
Last edited by ruletheneck at Nov 25, 2011,
SGs tend to sound very similar to les paul, only slightly brighter. if you got the sg the only thing youd be upgrading is the quality of the sound, not and features. yiou can do both with the ibanez. im not saying that the sg is bad, i love gibsons. im just saying that it may not be the best use of your money. id get the ibanez if i were you (i have the same musical tastes)

EDIT: or maybe the agile simply because of how amazingly awesome it looks!

EDIT: i just realised that its an sg with P90s. i love p90s and theyll really increase your tonal range and youll be able to play with much more overdrive with each note in a chord distinguishable. i put a p90 in my les paul bridge and i love it. but i also love temolos. believe me, 24 frets are hardly used anyway so dont count it as a major factor. i dont know what to recommend so here what ill say:

Gibson SG - Wider range of tones between two guitars, more clarity, upgraded sound quality. gibson build quality, generally very good.

Ibanez S450 - More features. sametone, but probably slightly better (less muddy). great ibanez playability.

Agile Guitar - Pretty
Last edited by itamar100 at Nov 25, 2011,
I'm actually not familiar at all with P90s, I hear they have a lovely bluesy tone but I'm just wondering if I keep a P90 in neck position can it handle solos that would have a bit more gain like John Petrucci solos (the slower ones, I'm thinking stuff like "Lost without you" or the last one off "on the back of angels".
The Gibson really seems like a lovely guitar but I doubt that it would actually broaden my tonal range by that much seeing as I already have a great LP Copy loaded with Alnico Vs.
Quote by JohnMerrick
I'm actually not familiar at all with P90s, I hear they have a lovely bluesy tone but I'm just wondering if I keep a P90 in neck position can it handle solos that would have a bit more gain like John Petrucci solos (the slower ones, I'm thinking stuff like "Lost without you" or the last one off "on the back of angels".
The Gibson really seems like a lovely guitar but I doubt that it would actually broaden my tonal range by that much seeing as I already have a great LP Copy loaded with Alnico Vs.

p90s can also handle great overdriven rock tone. i dont listen to petrucci but from what ive seen of him, a neck p90 will work ok as a substitute for a humbucker but dont expect to nail the tone. also, it doesnt take long to realise the difference i tone p90s and humbuckers, even if you dont believe it now.