Could you help me and give me some ideas for guitars, i am open to everything, i leave more details below, thanks for your time

Budget- maximum 500 euros

Favorite Artists- sonic youth, my bloody valentine, linda martini, wavves, dinosaur jr, x wife, nirvana (more turned to stuff like shoegaze)

Preferences- im not really picky i just dont want the tippical strat or les paul. i love jaguars jazzmaster and mustangs, just different body shapes are cool, necks and electronics not picky at all, but would prefer to have a shortscale neck, but dont take that in consideration.

Pickups- they have to be passive, i prefer single coils, but humbuckers are ok

New or Used- doesnt really matter, ive searched around town and coulnt find anything used that was worth it

Location- Lisboa, Portugal

Current Gear- squier classic vibe 50's strat (dont like it that much) line 6 spider 4 30 watts(hate it so much..)

Thanks for any reply
well yeah i like it but i really would need the tremolo if i was going for jaguar, jazzmaster or mustang
already expecting that lol, still its like 550 euros online and thats a lot even if just a litlle above my budget. i would rather get the squier j mascis signature jazzmaster
Quote by jdf94

Current Gear- squier classic vibe 50's strat (dont like it that much) line 6 spider 4 30 watts(hate it so much..)

Thanks for any reply

Replace your amp first before you waste money on a guitar.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
actuallly i really need the guitar first. i just entered this fancy jazz school and my guitar is complete shit, its all ****ed up. when i am there i play with their amps, so i am not that worried about amp for now, but i havo some in mind. what do you think about the peavey renown 400?
Then get your guitar set up before you do anything else!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
lol, yeah but i am not spending any more money on this guitar. And regular stuff like, action and intonation i do it myself, the thing is that this guitars strap thingies are ****ed, my bridge pickup doesnt work, and the tone knob is broken. i am really not going to spend anymore money on this guitar, i have thousands of pedal i would buy before spending money on this piece of shit
buy a set of dunlop strap locks, a new set of pickups and a set of machine heads if you need them. I can almost garantee the pickups in the Squier your looking at are not that great, you may want to replace them when/if you get it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
dude, thanks for trying to help me, but i just said that i am not going to invest any money on this guitar for now. all that would be at least 200 euros. its just not going to happen. do you have any kind of guitars for not so known brands that are avilable at a good price and that match the characteristics im going for?
someone has already said a blacktop, but dont like it that much, especially because of the tremolo missing. a jaguar above that would be the classic player wich would be about 800 euros, which is just too much for me right now. it doesnt have to be fender, im not picky at all with brands
Quote by blaaargh
Have you looked at the Modern Player series? They've got some really interesting guitars for very reasonable prices. http://www.fender.com/products/modernplayer/search.php

Yeah the Marauder loks like it might fit the bill for you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i actually have seen them and done some research, but it just doesnt have that click... what do you think about the danelectro dead on 67 guitar?
Quote by jdf94
yeah i actually have seen them and done some research, but it just doesnt have that click... what do you think about the danelectro dead on 67 guitar?

They make incredibly cheap guitars, but not in the good way.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, just fix the parts in your guitar now. Those aren't reasons to buy a new guitar. I guarantee if you just replace the malfunctioning parts you'll be better off. It'll probably cost all of fifty euros, tops. I bet a solder joint broke somewhere and could be fixed for next to nothing.

Also, are the strap buttons pulling out? If so, easy fix for that: stick a toothpick in the hole, screw back in.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jdf94

Crap, don't buy it.

Edit: I would go with the Blacktop Jazzmaster or modern player Jaguar.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Nov 25, 2011,
OP, you seem like you are pretty knowledgable, are you close to any large music stores that you could just walk into and try 5 - 20 guitars? There are TONS of good ones within your price range and I'm sure you'd know a good guitar if you played one.

Having said that, I am partial to G&L's and Godins, their entire guitar lines are pretty high-quality IME.