So, long story short, I work in retail, have done for 3 years, get good pay, and since I started, I've been a casual employee.
Now, my boss asks me tonight if I want to become a part time employee, so I told her I have to think about it.
After consideration, I've decided not to (mainly because there's good pay, and people with the same skill as myself still get good hours).
But I now have the problem of telling my boss that I don't want to do that.

How should I tell her?
I mean, I don't want to say "Because of the money, no, I'll stay casual."
So, does anyone have an idea of what to tell her?
does part-time involve working more hours? If so, you could say that you don't have time to work more.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
offer her sex, alcohol, and drugs first, and then tell her. she can't say no after that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
>Slip some roofies in her drink
>take sexy pics of her
>blackmail her and tell her you will do the part time for the same pay or else
>?????
>PROFIT!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
It's all about how you phrase it. Say that you'd like to go part-time, but your economic situation means thatyou can't.

Something like that.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by slash_GNR666
>Slip some roofies in her drink
>take sexy pics of her
>blackmail her and tell her you will do the part time for the same pay or else
>?????
>PROFIT!

It's this or a dick in a box I'm afraid.

Otherwise just tell her the truth and get fired, there's a good lad.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
"Thank you for the offer, but what I'm doing now pays more and I really need the money right now."
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Shouldn't you be asking why they want you to change? Are they stopping the employment of casual labour?
[
Quote by Skuzzmo
Shouldn't you be asking why they want you to change? Are they stopping the employment of casual labour?

Basically I think I'm sort of on a bad position. If I go part time, I get a minimum of 10 hours a week, with slightly reduced pay, but I get sick leave, etc.
If I stay where I am now, I'm not guaranteed any hours per week, but the pay is a little better. I'm currently getting 10/15 hours a week anyway, which doesn't bother me. But, as they get new people who cost less to employ, I'm more likely to lose hours.
Quote by tyler_j
So, long story short, I work in retail, have done for 3 years, get good pay, and since I started, I've been a casual employee.
Now, my boss asks me tonight if I want to become a part time employee, so I told her I have to think about it.
After consideration, I've decided not to (mainly because there's good pay, and people with the same skill as myself still get good hours).
But I now have the problem of telling my boss that I don't want to do that.

How should I tell her?
I mean, I don't want to say "Because of the money, no, I'll stay casual."
So, does anyone have an idea of what to tell her?

i love your avatar...
Quote by tyler_j
Basically I think I'm sort of on a bad position. If I go part time, I get a minimum of 10 hours a week, with slightly reduced pay, but I get sick leave, etc.
If I stay where I am now, I'm not guaranteed any hours per week, but the pay is a little better. I'm currently getting 10/15 hours a week anyway, which doesn't bother me. But, as they get new people who cost less to employ, I'm more likely to lose hours.

Hope it works out for ya dude but i get this feeling that if you refuse they'll "not be needing you in the future".

Which is shit tbh.

Good luck and hopefully I'm wrong
[
Quote by Skuzzmo
Hope it works out for ya dude but i get this feeling that if you refuse they'll "not be needing you in the future".

Which is shit tbh.

Good luck and hopefully I'm wrong

That was the exact feeling I had, but I checked with some other employees who are casual, older than me (therefore are paid only slightly more) and do the exact same work as me, who still get more hours.
So, I guess I'm sort of risking it, but hey, it's not the end of the world, I guess.
bargain, take the part time with out reduced pay
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112