hp laptop, battery loses 1% a minute, replacement $129, wtf do I do?

This laptop I have is only 3 years young, and this past year the battery has crapped to the point it can't really hold a charge longer then a hour or so if using multiple tasks. the replacement is $129 lol. any suggestions? buy a new laptop, and leave this one at home? buy replacement battery?
LOL
Quote by mnf50
Mine does that so I always have it plugged in.

This, I'm never too far from a mains.
3 years is pretty old by laptop standards. Save up a bit and get a new one. You can get pretty high specs these days without forking out too much.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Dude I haven't even had my laptop 11 months yet and it won't survive 5 minutes without being attached to the mains.
Even the charger has broken twice, plus the hard drive. I'm not wasting any more money on hp shit, just waiting to get a decent desktop for uni.
yeh my old laptop was like that a full charge would last about 10mins
tip if you get a new battery and if your using your laptop at home or near a socket just plug it into the mains and take the battery out which keeps it from dying so quickly
obviously the cheapest way is to buy a new battery. ordering one from china will probably be way less expensive
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
This is why I hate laptops.

Obviously you should just get a desktop and carry it around with you.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by mnf50
Mine does that so I always have it plugged in.

this. I'd take the battery out if I wasn't scared I'd accidently pull the cable out.
take battery out

keep laptop plugged in

essentially you have a desktop

but laptop shaped

it's what i do with my DV7
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Next time only plug in the laptop when it needs recharging, for real. Having it plugged in with a full battery day in and day out is what ruins the battery.
HP laptops are always shit. Save up a bit more money and invest in an ASUS or Toshiba.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by LRCGUITAR
you should use this site ,cheap china wholesale prices ,best fun and arrive in 2 week!

ಠ_ಠ
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by slipknotnskullz
3 Years is way old for laptop standards and Hp tend to shit out very fast... Just save up and get a new one, until then use it plugged in.

QFT. Just buy a new one, and don't buy one from HP.
At first I thought this was an adbot.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album

*trollface.jpg*
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

ebay.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
That's what HP laptops do. I swear to god they're just AAA batteries in that casing.

Mine has to be plugged in to start up now it's that bad. Then again that is because of my reatarded brother using it and letting it run flat every single time he's on it.
Quote by SiKh22
hp laptop

Well there's your problem. I had an HP Laptop that could barely hold a charge right out of the box, had it replaced and the problem was still there. It's probably the computer, not the battery. Get a better brand next time.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
i must be lucky... apart from the crap battery, my HP DV7 is a great computer...

and i'm not saying it's great compared to something crap, i'm just saying it's generally a great computer. does everything i need it to.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.