Can I listen to one (rhythmic) track I've previously recorded and at the same time being able to record and hear myself play the solo on a second track ? Untill now I've always recorded the two tracks separately and then I managed to manually ''synchronize'' them, but it's highly impractical and I don't think this is the way to do it. (yeah i'm a noob)

My audio interface is a Presonus Audiobox by the way.
Sure.

Click the little speaker icon on the track you're recording which will enable monitoring on that track, so you can hear it through your headphones/monitors with the already recording track(s).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thank you Matrix Claw, you're always extremely helpful. Are you familiar with Studio One ? I've got it along with my Audiobox and my first impression is that it's great, really intuitive and noob-friendly, I haven't had that ''i'm lost'' feeling as with other DAWs. But if i'm not wrong you cannot use vst and modelling amps with it. ( )
Quote by francesco18
Thank you Matrix Claw, you're always extremely helpful. Are you familiar with Studio One ? I've got it along with my Audiobox and my first impression is that it's great, really intuitive and noob-friendly, I haven't had that ''i'm lost'' feeling as with other DAWs. But if i'm not wrong you cannot use vst and modelling amps with it. ( )
I've used Studio One extensively and the software is fantastic, but yes, the basic artist version won't allow you to use VST effects.

Frankly, I think it's a f**king con - plugin support strikes me as essential functionality, and none of the other 'LE' versions like Sonar and Cubase block you from using plugins.
And although Artist comes free with Presonus stuff, the software on its own sells for over $100, so it's not just a generous freebie. In their own words: "Studio One Artist is not a dumbed-down, “lite” version of Studio One. Rather, it’s a feature-packed “entry level” version of the Studio One creative recording and production platform"

Personally, I think forcing you to buy a $100 upgrade to use your own plugins is the very definition of 'lite'.
The 'Producer upgrade' is basically just loops, samples and plugins (and exporting to mp3...which any piece of freeware can do)....most savvy musicians have their own VST instruments, plugins and samples anyway, so a large portion of users are paying solely for the ability to use your own VSTs. I don't like that kind of business plan.