Is it just me or is it really annoying when people think they're amazing musicians if they put a huge list of instruments they probably look at in a shop once as stuff they play? I've met so many of these people and I've never seen one play even half of the stuff on the list nore do they know anything about it. I'm all for playing more than 1 instrument but does there really need to be more than 10?
If I had the money I'd definitely invest in a wide variety of instruments.
I can understand what you mean but, I've never met any people like that

What happens when you get these types of multi-instrumentalists together?
Arcade Fire!
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I've never met someone like that, but I personally plan on learning Violin after Piano next year. That means I'll be playing 3 instruments.

Anyone who does that though is a jackass.
Well to any degree I can play quite a few instruments. Guitar, drums, piano, upright bass, violin, mandolin..or ukelele, can't remember which.

The only one I would perform in front of people is guitar though. Every time I make a list of what I can play, people sit me down with something and ask me to play songs and I'm just like....no, I know how to play it. Doesn't mean I can do anything to show off.
you're mad because you're not good at every instrument you've ever touched, aren't you?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
you're mad because you're not good at every instrument you've ever touched, aren't you?

I bet your mom is good at every instrument she has ever touched.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I work my ass off and put it into my instruments.

With my own money, I've bought guitars, a bass, a keyboard, and harmonicas. I can play all of them proficiently. There are a bunch I say I can play because I've worked out a little of them and play them often enough in jams and whatnot to count in my mind, but I admit I'm not proficient on.

I don't see why I'd take pride in limiting myself to one tonal palette. That's just silly.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
i have a friend who can play guitar and bass like a boss. play piano decently and a little violin. He also produces a lot of trance music with midi controllers of all sorts so i dont know if you would consider all of those instruments.

personally i can play guitar and bass.i am fully capable to play in a band with both instruments. i can figure simple shit out on the piano if i sit there for a lil bit, but i wouldnt say that i can play piano.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Nov 25, 2011,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I bet your mom is good at every instrument she has ever touched.

lol 10 year old joke
ggg1 ggg3

When I meet people like that I call them Fassa Albrecht
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by behind_you
lol 10 year old joke

hey, give him some credit. it took him a lot of effort to come up with that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
hey, give him some credit. it took him a lot of effort to come up with that.

QFT. Sorry dude.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
lol 10 year old joke

Which is how old your mother was when she started having sex.

Boom.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Boom.

you're really on a roll today.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Boom.

Credit revoked.
ggg1 ggg3

^
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Well to any degree I can play quite a few instruments. Guitar, drums, piano, upright bass, violin, mandolin..or ukelele, can't remember which.

The only one I would perform in front of people is guitar though. Every time I make a list of what I can play, people sit me down with something and ask me to play songs and I'm just like....no, I know how to play it. Doesn't mean I can do anything to show off.

So, to summarize, you know the basics but can't perform anything in an intermediate fashion on them except a couple?
Quote by behind_you
I expected a 'your mom' joke. Son, I am dissapoint.

OT: Anyone can play an instrument, but playing it well is a different story.

I didn't want to be too predictable.

Brb going to have sex with your mother.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Morphogenesis26
So, to summarize, you know the basics but can't perform anything in an intermediate fashion on them except a couple?

Yeahhh

I tend to write lots of shit then forget to tl;dr it.

I've picked up lots of instruments to learn them, but only actually progressed with guitar and piano.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Yeahhh

I tend to write lots of shit then forget to tl;dr it.

I've picked up lots of instruments to learn them, but only actually progressed with guitar and piano.

That'll probably be me when I begin Violin, mostly due to the fact that Violin is such a time consuming and intense instrument. I just wanna do it for fun and have it in my repertoire 'cause it's BA. And I got a steal on a 350 one marked down to 170, sadly the people that sold me it gave me a broken bow, but they replaced it.