Page 1 of 6
So I've seen a lot of people on UG who use drugs and drink alcohol, as well as a lot who don't drink or use drugs.

If you don't drink or do drugs; how do you feel about those who do? Do you hold it against them or do you not mind at all?

If you do drink and/or do drugs; Vice versa. Do you hold it against people who abstain from it? Or do you withhold judgment?

I'm sure a lot of you know that I don't drink and never have. When most people find that out about me, they assume I'm a sunshine christian who thinks drinking is horrible. To be honest, I understand why they think that. Most people I've met that have never drank are exactly like that. But because they so quickly stereotype me into that category, I just started telling people I don't drink anymore. They're far less likely to confront and interview me about it. Tell a drinker you've never drank and it will become like his life mission to drink.

I only have one friend who doesn't drink and never has, and where we disagree is that he views drinking more as a sign of weakness.

And it pretty much goes the same for drugs with me. Although I haven't known too many people who were avid users of very hard drugs, so there's not much basis for judgment there.

TL;DR A friend of mine had sex with a Sheep.
Out of thread ideas?

It's their own choice.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I drink alcohol. I don't really do other drugs, smoked weed once or twice. I'd like to try other stuff though.

And it's up to anyone. As long as they don't bugger others about it.

Drugs are fun.
I don't hold it against people who drink/use. Unless they pass judgment on me or try to pressure me. I don't respond well to peer pressure.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I don't care either way. I am a smoker, dabble in drugs and a regular drinker.

I wouldn't expect anyone to judge me for that, nor would I judge anyone else for what they choose to do.
I drink and do drugs, and I have absolutely nothing against people that don't indulge as long as they don't judge me for it. My best friend doesn't do either.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I drink, but don't do drugs. I don't hold it against people who do use, as long as they're not ridiculing me for not doing it, or just being an ass in general about it.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I don't smoke or drink or do drugs and I know a lot of people that assume I do. I never judge anyone if they do or did. If they want to talk with me then go ahead, I don't make their decisions. A person's a person either way ^-^'
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
I get that it's a personal choice and I don't hold that against them. But I do encourage my friends to go out and have a drink at least once in their lifetime. If they blow me off, fine, I understand.
I'm pretty moderate with alcohol, but I do drink. I don't really care about whether or not someone does or doesn't drink, but I have no patience for people that are in my face about it. I only get pissy if all they can talk about is getting drunk/high or if they're one of those "sunshine christians" that are trying to spread the good word about abstinence.
I used to absolutely despise any and all drugs or alcohol because of family issues. However, I found that once I tried drinking I didn't really mind anymore. A few of my friends were into drugs, and even though I still strongly opposed them I had no issues with them being under the influence around me while we were hanging out.

I have no judgments about people who wish to abstain from drinking. It's your choice to avoid it. I think it's ****ed up when people get angry if someone isn't drinking, smoking, or doing drugs. It's not your call to say what someone puts into their body.

I just tried drugs for the first time this week. Now I don't view people who do use drugs recreationally in a negative light at all (not that I did much before, but I understand it now) as long as it's being used responsibly.

Quote by The Madcap

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I don't drink but smoke a fair bit of weed.

I just don't see the point of drinking... it's expensive as hell, you forget everything that happened, end up doing stupid shit, feel awful the next day and it's really unhealthy etc.

People give me weird looks because I smoke weed but don't drink alcohol. I don't really understand why. Alcohol is a way harder drug than weed, the only reason people find it weird is because it's illegal. Weed makes me feel great, isn't obscenely expensive and it doesn't damage my health because I use a vape

It kind of annoys me when people put pressure on me to drink but I don't look down on drinkers in the slightest.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I drink but don't smoke or use any kind of drug, in that context.

I tend to be put off by people who smoke. I couldn't date someone who did. I just find it disgusting and pretty pointless. I've always been interested in trying weed, just haven't and hopefully won't. Your life is your life but if you become dependent or stupid with drugs, then I'd probably think less of you.
Quote by rgrockr
I don't hold it against people who drink/use. Unless they pass judgment on me or try to pressure me. I don't respond well to peer pressure.

This, I don't care if my friends drink or do drugs (Most of them don't though), but if they get mad when I decline use, then I'll stiff-arm a hoe.
you're a stone fox
Also, it pisses me off when people try and separate alcohol and 'drugs', as if alcohol is somehow totally different because it's legal.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I drink but that's it. I couldn't care less what everybody else does with themselves. Not like it affects me.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I tend to be put off by people who smoke. I couldn't date someone who did. I just find it disgusting and pretty pointless.

I do feel this way.

I don't look down on people for smoking, but I couldn't date someone who smoked. I won't let anyone smoke in my truck or in my room. To me nicotine seems like the most pointless of substances, but I guess I don't understand it as I've never smoked anything and don't plan to.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by isabiggles
Also, it pisses me off when people try and separate alcohol and 'drugs', as if alcohol is somehow totally different because it's legal.
I agree philosophically, but in socializing contexts and shit, I think there is a difference due to the illegality.
I second BeefWellington. I drink, and nothing else (could lose my job.) I don't judge people who drink excessively, use drugs , don't use drugs, or don't drink. I judge them based on their personalities
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Nov 25, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
I agree philosophically, but in socializing contexts and shit, I think there is a difference due to the illegality.

It's still a drug though.

I can hang out with friends in front of the xbox or in a park with alcohol or I can do it with weed. It doesn't matter, they're still drugs and anyone saying 'I drink but I would never touch drugs' just annoys me.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by The Madcap

dude

Alright, I only really drink beer these days. Liquor isn't really appealing to me. Though if by chance I'm on some tropical island or in a tiki bar then yea I'll probably have some fruity-ass mixed drink then. But like shots or, jager bombs, screwdrivers, etc. Nah, I'm coo.

I ****ing love beer though. Especially when grilling some bomb ass steaks or burgers n hot dogs. It goes together well. Part of a hearty dinner time meal, imo, is the beer. And not just any beer but an appropriate kind.

Drugs, whatever. Do what you want. Those who deal I don't associate with, to keep myself away from the law. I've had my experiences and don't feel the need to indulge anymore. Music has always been my primary drug anyways.
i dont drink, do drugs or smoke and i don't give a shit if someone else does as long as they dont start pushing me into doing any. i would be worried if one of my best friends got seriously hooked on dangerous drugs though (not marijuana), ive had to many nightmares about what happened to hillel slovak and john frusciante from RHCP to let anyone i care about try it. if they started saying that they are thinking about heroine/cocaine/ectasy i would try very hard to convince them not to.
I don't do drugs just because they haven't been offered to me.
I don't drink
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I don't use and I don't care. Pretty much every single friend of mine does, and they know that if they show me respect on the subject, I'll give them the same. I've even been their driver once or twice.

Who ****ed a sheep?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by JayT44
I do feel this way.

I don't look down on people for smoking, but I couldn't date someone who smoked. I won't let anyone smoke in my truck or in my room. To me nicotine seems like the most pointless of substances, but I guess I don't understand it as I've never smoked anything and don't plan to.

Yup. It's funny, I work in a petrol station and quite often, we get some girls that come in that are smoking hot. I'll be all like "DAYUMN" Then she'll be all like "20 L&B please" and I'll be all like "Ew".
All I want to say is that people who smoke weed but strongly oppose cigarettes are ****ing idiots and hypocrites.
Quote by raoooos
All I want to say is that people who smoke weed but strongly oppose cigarettes are ****ing idiots and hypocrites.

Why?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Doing drugs and drinking with my friends is like any other activity that we do; xbox, basketball, chill, etc. I don't think any differently from people who don't drink or do drugs.

I do think smoking cigarettes is a disgusting habit though.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by raoooos

weed is like 20,000x healthier than cigarettes
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I've fought drug and alcohol addiction since I was about 15 - I'm 46 now. In my opinion, you're better off not messing with the stuff. I do though, find it hard to relate to some people who've never tried anything, because all their views are based on anti-drug poster's and commercials.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I don't drink because I don't like the taste or the feeling.
I don't take drugs because It doesn't appeal to me.

I don't care what others do as long as they can handle it and don't do stupid things because of it.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Yup. It's funny, I work in a petrol station and quite often, we get some girls that come in that are smoking hot. I'll be all like "DAYUMN" Then she'll be all like "20 L&B please" and I'll be all like "Ew".

I was in Speedway the other day buying a drink. I got in line at the register and there was this super sexy girl in front of me, probably in her 30's or so. She gets up to the register, and I hear this really deep voice (deeper than mine, even) say, "2 packs of Marlboro reds, please." and I'm looking around like, "Who the **** said that?". But the voice kept talking and was having small talk with the cashier.

mfw I realized it was the lady in front of me.

Chain smoking is bad.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I can relate to you who are turned off by smokers. I'm the same, except with drinkers. Comes from some family issues when I was little, I think.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I drink but don't smoke or use any kind of drug, in that context.

I tend to be put off by people who smoke. I couldn't date someone who did. I just find it disgusting and pretty pointless. I've always been interested in trying weed, just haven't and hopefully won't. Your life is your life but if you become dependent or stupid with drugs, then I'd probably think less of you.

It's odd, I somewhat used to have this point of view even when I did smoke.
I've pretty much quit everything now, purely out of personal choice though the only thing I am adamant I'll never do again is smoke tobacco.
I'll occasionally have a small drink, or go out with some mates and have a couple, and I certainly wouldn't say no to a joint in the sun one summer. I also don't even differentiate between people who do engage in that lifestyle, and those who don't.

I hate extremists on either side, though. If you do..then carry on, but don't force people to or look down on them because they don't. And vice versa.
Quote by rgrockr

+1

I couldn't care less, as long as they don't bother me or pass judgement on me. If anything, I think drugs should be legalised.

(i don't drink, smoke or take drugs... i'm not teetotal regarding the drink, but i very rarely ever drink and if i do it's like one drink)

I don't have much time for people who, to me, are basically alcoholics who think drugs should be kept illegal, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JayT44
I was in Speedway the other day buying a drink. I got in line at the register and there was this super sexy girl in front of me, probably in her 30's or so. She gets up to the register, and I hear this really deep voice (deeper than mine, even) say, "2 packs of Marlboro reds, please." and I'm looking around like, "Who the **** said that?". But the voice kept talking and was having small talk with the cashier.

mfw I realized it was the lady in front of me.

Chain smoking is bad.

Malboro reds? We don't sell much of them and the only people who do buy them look like washed up rockstars. And they're never woman.

Yeah, it's the people that come in and buy Pallmal (sp?). They tend to have nasty, throaty voices and they always stink of stale smoke.