Hey Acoustic-gurus! I was changing guitar strings on my Washburn D10SCE and one of the pins wasn't coming out. So, I used a pair of needle nose pliers like I usually do to get the ones that are stuck. Sadly the whole pin broke in half. I don't know if I need a certain size pin. I assume they are plastic pins. They look creme with a black dot in the middle. Anyone know where to get replacements? Just point me in the right direction.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You can get ones made of different materials.
If they look plastic, chances are they will be. The other main types are wood or bone, so you'd probably tell if it was them.

You can buy them on ebay in sets for no money at all, or somewhere like GAK or Dolphin Music would probably have them.
Either that or any shop that sells guitars should sell bridge pins.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
You can get ones made of different materials.
If they look plastic, chances are they will be. The other main types are wood or bone, so you'd probably tell if it was them.

You can buy them on ebay in sets for no money at all, or somewhere like GAK or Dolphin Music would probably have them.
Either that or any shop that sells guitars should sell bridge pins.

Do they come in different sizes, or are they all the same?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You should be banned for asking such a stupid question.

EDIT: Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'm a HUUUUUUUGE tool.
Quote by siksofus
You should be banned for asking such a stupid question.

I'm mostly looking if they make different sizes, I know you can buy them.

To everyone else, is upgrading to bone or tusq pins worth it?
Quote by JD Close
Your time would be better spent using your head instead of posting a bunch of dumb quotes and monikers. Mr. Miyagi solved problems using wisdom, you are no Miyagi.
Seriously, it makes you look like a dope.
lol thanks, sikofus. Pardon me if I don't want to wait a week for pins to arrive only to find that they are the wrong size.
Quote by JD Close
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I'm mostly looking if they make different sizes, I know you can buy them.

To everyone else, is upgrading to bone or tusq pins worth it?

Your guitar would probably benefit from a set of bone pins, however they can be quite brittle. It depends what kind of sound you are going for and what you feel your guitar lacks. Go on youtube and listen to what different pin materials do to your tone.
They are not made in different sizes, they are universal.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
I do believe you can get different sizes, but most seem to be a standard size. Measure the pins you have, and if you happen to see sizes quoted on a site, compare them just in case. I'd wager you'll be fine without worrying too much.

You may as well upgrade to a set of bone pins, it can't hurt.

It might be worth seeing how much a new bone saddle/nut is if you're looking as well. Allegedly, upgrading to bone in those areas is one of the best things you can do for the tone of your guitar. I've never done it, so I can't comment on if it does work or not.

siksofus - either make a useful comment, or kindly bugger off.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Nov 25, 2011,
Quote by siksofus
try home depot or lowes first.

What?I've never seen bridge pins at Home depot or Lowes ,or any other music related stuff.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Quote by roaddawg07
What?I've never seen bridge pins at Home depot or Lowes ,or any other music related stuff.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. But ok I'll measure and see, probably may as well upgrade though.
Quote by JD Close
sikofus is just being sarcastic. You won't find anything in home depot or lowes, lol.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Im sorry, i also meant to put Ace Hardware in there too!

Seriously, i am perplexed why you wont just go down to your local shop and ask? I have 3 shops within 5 min. Unless you live out in the forest or something i would understand.
^ Bye.

By the way, TS, pins do sometimes come in slightly different sizes. Go down to your local music store and try them just to make sure they fit before buying. If they're slightly too large, you can always just sandpaper them a little until they fit. Can't do anything if it's too small though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.