Hey. I've just got new strings for the 1st time. They replaced the ones that came from the factory. It's a basic epiphone Les Paul.

Now, to the results:

1. The sound made by all the strings with distortion is better.
2. The strings with higher pitch (G, B and high E) sounds better and more brilliant.

but
3. The lower strings (low E, A and D) have a metallic sound. It's a little weird, very different from what I was used to.

The strings I got aren't poor quality.

Now the question: Is that normal? Do that different tone fades away?
Tune the low E to perfect E turning. Stretch the low E. Check the tuning. Did it drop?

If so, then you haven't stretched the strings or haven't stretched them enough. You need to keep stretching them until the pitch quits dropping.

If you want stable tuning, you have to do that for all the strings with every string change.

Lots of people talk about strings having to settle. BS. You just need to stretch them. This is a much bigger deal with a floating trem than with a hard tail, but it's still a factor on your guitar unless you like playing out of tune/constantly re-tuning for the first several hours of play.
Quote by jetwash69
Tune the low E to perfect E turning. Stretch the low E. Check the tuning. Did it drop?

If so, then you haven't stretched the strings or haven't stretched them enough. You need to keep stretching them until the pitch quits dropping.

If you want stable tuning, you have to do that for all the strings with every string change.

Lots of people talk about strings having to settle. BS. You just need to stretch them. This is a much bigger deal with a floating trem than with a hard tail, but it's still a factor on your guitar unless you like playing out of tune/constantly re-tuning for the first several hours of play.

Backed. Forgot to do this before a show and one of my strings was horrendously out of tune for the first song.
Quote by jetwash69

Lots of people talk about strings having to settle. BS. You just need to stretch them.

+ 1

And stretching strings is so damn easy to do!
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Tnx for the advice on this string stretching. I didn't know about this, and I tried.
Got good results.

Anyway, just to reinforce, the metallic sound fades away?
Yes, it fades away. Enjoy it while you still can and try and put some string lube on it to make them last longer!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!