wow a custom case. HNGD!
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
keep going!
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I'm gunna go to the shitter, and if you haven't posted the whole thing by the time I'm back I'm gunna be pretty pissed off. Feels like you might have a while though.
Dammit. Ruined my every other post idea. Fine.

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Good.

And holy shit... That's a a beauty. How much did that set you back?

Not nearly as much as it should've. Will post the full story in a review in a second. Gotta copy pasta.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

So, I was convinced that I needed a '57 Custom RI for sludge and doom, even after ordering another guitar earlier this week (NGD next Wednesday). Since today is black friday, I decided to get up early and hit up the GC a couple minutes from my mom's house. They didn't really have anything and said that the other GCs didn't have what I wanted either. For shits n gigs, I went to the larger GC that's about 15 miles away and saw a couple customs right when I walked in.

Well, I didn't really like the '57 Custom they had. Was too dark, both plugged in and unplugged. Played nice though, but I wish it had bigger frets. I decided to give the regular custom on the wall a go, even though I tend to not really like weight relieved Les Pauls. ****ing loved it. Weight is under 8 lbs with the weight relief so it's definitely some good wood, unlike a bunch of others that weigh 9+ with the weight relief. The neck is crazy smooth, awesome size. In between a '60s and '50s with more of a C type profile that feels like a thicker version of my Suhr's neck. Even the Worstbuckers sound pretty damn good, though they aren't as hot as I'd like them to be so they'll probably go. Nice and articulate though. Very nice neck tone and I might just swap the bridge.

The guitar was marked at $3899. But since it was black friday, they had a 15% off sale. Then after inspecting it a little bit, there was a spot that they missed on the back when scraping the binding. Another few hundred off. Then there was a little bit of belt rash. Another few hundred off. And I was talking to the guy for around an hour before I bought it and he decided to knock it down so that it was an even $2400 after tax since we both really liked the guitar and loved sludge.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Not sure what that equates to in pounds but that sounds awesome. Will you be posting some demos?
*tries to hide obvious jealousy*....
Happy New Guitar Day!

That's a really good-looking guitar and you got an awesome deal too! Wish we had those "black friday" sales here in Finland too. Could make definitely some worthwhile purchases May your Les Paul Custom serve you well. I can't stress enough the fact that I want a LP Custom so bad...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
So basically, you got a Custom for the price of a Standard? You jammy git!

Yup. Guitar Center. Dunno why people like to hate on them so much.

Quote by mnf50
Not sure what that equates to in pounds but that sounds awesome. Will you be posting some demos?

Eventually. Got a new Canon HF S30 during a black friday sale too that should be here Monday. Might do clips before then though, depends on what time I get back to my apartment in Richardson tomorrow.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Yup. Guitar Center. Dunno why people like to hate on them so much.

Nice, congrats. I got my Standard for the price of a Studio.
noice

where's teh floyd?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Shit.

You paid £1400 for a CS LP.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
WOW. very beautiful guitar. congrats on the score!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Shit.

You paid £1400 for a CS LP.

there is a lot of that going around.

get some!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'll be paying the same for a nice CS LP in a few months Greg

Amazing guitar Matt

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Hngd!!!!
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
Quote by mnf50
Not sure what that equates to in pounds
It means he got a custom shop Custom in a store for less than we'd pay for a production Standard online.

Lucky bastard!
d00d, you should have gotten an Agile or an Epi, they're way better than Gibsons! Gibsons quality control is shite now, if you buy a new one you're just paying for the name and getting a crap guitar!

It doesn't even has the c0il tapz!!

/troll

HNGD! I'm not usually a fan of gold hardware, but on black/white Les Pauls it just looks right.
Sounds like a great find.
Quote by littlephil
d00d, you should have gotten an Agile or an Epi, they're way better than Gibsons! Gibsons quality control is shite now, if you buy a new one you're just paying for the name and getting a crap guitar!

It doesn't even has the c0il tapz!!

/troll

HNGD! I'm not usually a fan of gold hardware, but on black/white Les Pauls it just looks right.
Sounds like a great find.

It's funny, cause usually there is a cosmetic blem or two on most Gibsons but I can't find one on mine. The binding spot that was missed came right off with my fingernail. Lub this guitar.

Quote by Tom 1.0
I'll be paying the same for a nice CS LP in a few months Greg

Amazing guitar Matt

Do it. You definitely won't be disappointed if you want a Paul. All of the CS guitars I played today were great, some of them just weren't my thing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Where's the hollow bit?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Interesting, I usually hate solid finishes on Les Pauls but that guitar just looks so... nice. I guess that's because it's fresh and doesn't have a plethora of fingerprints yet.
West Ham United
Quote by greeny23
Gibsun?

all the custom shop guitars say that.

so they can tell them apart.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Eppicurt
Where's the hollow bit?

Tapping the top, it sounds like it's the area behind the bridge in little holes.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

damn. im not a fan of les pauls but that's a really gorgeous guitar. HNGD!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬