Hey so i have a peavey valveking 112, and i know one of the simplest tricks to clear up a little muddiness is to put an adapter with a 1/4" jack into the 1st input and then run your guitar through the 2nd.

I have a shitty old cable that doesnt work anymore, if i just cut off one end and taped it up, would that basically work just as well?
It could, but most likely not. Just spend some money on good quality cable and be a happy camper
It might work. Did you try it in the 1st input already?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??