hey guys
i have recently bought myself an epiphone les paul custom and a boss me 70 (through a roland cube 30) which sounds really good but i think it could be better. I think i might have to upgrade amp wise but i will explore every option first so any really good pick up suggestions? i like to play led zepplin guns n roses acdc metallica iron maiden mostly rock classic rock a bit of metal and blues.
any suggestions
it probably would bebetter to get a new amp... the cube 30 is pretty decent, but it's still an entry level modeller, and as such pickup changes won't make as much difference as through a tube amp. Not to say they'll make no difference, but nowhere near as much. You'd be better putting your money towards a better amp, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it probably would bebetter to get a new amp... the cube 30 is pretty decent, but it's still an entry level modeller, and as such pickup changes won't make as much difference as through a tube amp. Not to say they'll make no difference, but nowhere near as much. You'd be better putting your money towards a better amp, basically.

^this. Upgrading your amp first is a better idea, since thats where the vast majority of your tone comes from. Upgrade your amp first, and then look at a pickup swap if your still unhappy
GEAR:
Jackson JS30KE
ESP EC 401FM
Ibanez RG 321MH
Peavey 6505+ 112

Brice HXB 405GL2TS
ESP B154DX
Ampeg BA-108

TC Electronics Polytune
Vox Classic Wah
go for a new amp. as for the amp i recommend the Peavey Classic 30.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
If you can afford it, the laney lionheart is one of the best sounding tube amps, to me at least. I dunno what styles you play or if you want a practice; gig; recording amp though.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
Add Blackstar amp into one of your choices.

Marshall Haze series would be also great with your guitar as well!!!!!!!!!!

\m/
Last edited by Chayakorn at Nov 26, 2011,