Hopefully someone on UG can help me, I have to arrange "Have you met miss jones" for a big band for my final project in my class. It has to be 3 minutes long. Obviously I'll have an in and out head and probably a chorus of soloing but i need a whole fourth chorus probably of more original stuff. Does anyone have any ideas of what i can do to fill this space or how to go about creating another chorus of music?
If I were in your position, I'd have either a sax/ensemble soli, modulation, or some sort of section that begins at a low energy level (possibly with fewer instruments) and builds into a high energy segue into the final chorus.

Also, if it were me, I'd probably have more time for soloing, maybe another chorus.

and if you need to buy a little more time, you can always tag the end.
Repeat the entire arrangement in a key a third away. You can say this was inspired by the movement of chords in thirds in the bridge. Some people will accept it, most will call bull.

Yeah, probably shouldn't.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
As far as actually arranging instruments, you're going to be working in block chords basically the entire time- I don't know if you have any experience doing block stuff on piano, but that's invaluable as an arranger. Root voicings, drop 2, drop 2-4 (less common) and Shearing voicings are all good places to start.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!