Just got my first bass a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass. I'm embarrassed to say that after 26 years of playing guitar I don't know a whole lot about bass amps. Just looking for a small practice amp. maybe $100-$150. What to get?

I appreciate any help.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Give a Fender Rumble a try. I have a 25 watt, and it works great with my Vintage Modified Jazz Bass. I doubt it would be too much different with your Jaguar.
Also, look around at second hand stuff. You could probably find a pretty solid Peavey or something pretty cheap.
Old Peaveys are awesome if you're looking for an amp on a budget. They go for dirt cheap used, and they're built to withstand a nuclear attack. Or look for a used Kustom (particularly the KBA series).

If your used market is somewhat lacking, and you have to go new, the Acoustic B10/B20, Peavey MAX 158, and Kustom KB10 would all be good choices right in the ~$100 range.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Howdy people. I just got my first bass this week.

I've played guitar for 3 years, played in church, in a band for a while, as lead guitarist, and got moderately decent. I know theory, how to write, and how music works as a whole.

However, i've always thought it would be fun to play bass.

So this week I did it. I bought a bass.

I got a fender mim jazz of clist, a gk600, and a gk 210blx cab, with speakers swapped to eminence legends.

So far I love it.

I'm a mostly self taught person, prefer it over lessons, and need some help.

I looked up some proper fingerstyle technique videos, and learned HOW to do it right, and mute. I basically just have a movable anchor (which is how I imagine most do it) with my thumb.

I tried picking some, and obviously that was easier for me being a former guitar player, but I feel like i'm cheating, plus I think fingerstyle is funner for everthing that I don't have to play fast. I'm SUPER slow with fingers haha.

My left hand technique, as far as i can tell from videos and stuff, is fine.

I just don't know where to go from here. What should I do? Learn slap? How do i get good at slap, pick, or finger? Any good sites for teaching myself?

I just don't know what to learn.

Thanks,
Quote by Oakley34
Howdy people. I just got my first bass this week.

I've played guitar for 3 years, played in church, in a band for a while, as lead guitarist, and got moderately decent. I know theory, how to write, and how music works as a whole.

However, i've always thought it would be fun to play bass.

So this week I did it. I bought a bass.

I got a fender mim jazz of clist, a gk600, and a gk 210blx cab, with speakers swapped to eminence legends.

So far I love it.

I'm a mostly self taught person, prefer it over lessons, and need some help.

I looked up some proper fingerstyle technique videos, and learned HOW to do it right, and mute. I basically just have a movable anchor (which is how I imagine most do it) with my thumb.

I tried picking some, and obviously that was easier for me being a former guitar player, but I feel like i'm cheating, plus I think fingerstyle is funner for everthing that I don't have to play fast. I'm SUPER slow with fingers haha.

My left hand technique, as far as i can tell from videos and stuff, is fine.

I just don't know where to go from here. What should I do? Learn slap? How do i get good at slap, pick, or finger? Any good sites for teaching myself?

I just don't know what to learn.

Thanks,

Cool story... Why did you post this here? You may want to make your own thread.
Quote by Picksqueal72
Just got my first bass a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass. I'm embarrassed to say that after 26 years of playing guitar I don't know a whole lot about bass amps. Just looking for a small practice amp. maybe $100-$150. What to get?

I appreciate any help.

Lower-end SWR amps are reliable and durable. There are some lower end Hartkes that are great for the money too. The Hartkes are a little punchier compared to the SWRs.

There are lots of amps in that range, you might want to search some user reviews here and there...the range of quality at that price is pretty wide.
Thanks to the guy above and everyone else who answered. I bought a Hartke B200. So far I am real pleased with it. Thanks
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Quote by Oakley34
Howdy people. I just got my first bass this week...

...Thanks,

Cool thread steal bro
Musicians Friend has the Acoustic 100 watt 1X15 combo for $149 shipped right now. It would be big enough for practice or small gigs.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic