Ok. So I picked this amp up at a garage sale for 25$. It looks in pretty good condition, but I can't try it out coz I have to get a new cable. Has anyone ever owned this amp and what are your opinions on it?

I couldn't find any decent reviews so...
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
It's a bottom end beginner's amp. I guess for $25 as long as it works but it's probably the last amp i'd consider buying especially if you already had one.
There's a good reason they were selling it for $25.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Beats a spider, just saying.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Pics or it's an mg...

Wait.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by AxSilentxLine
It's a bottom end beginner's amp. I guess for $25 as long as it works but it's probably the last amp i'd consider buying especially if you already had one.

I was using my dad's old bass amp before I got it. The distortion is kinda not as good as I wanted but it's better than nothing. Also it gives a really good bluesy sound.

Here's a pic.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Sounds slightly better than a dentist's drill.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The MG series isn't as bad as a lot of people in these forums make out, but it definitely isn't a good amp. It's Marshall's budget model so you can't expect much ffrom it.

It'll be enough to keep you going until you can afford an upgrade though.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
The MG series isn't as bad as a lot of people in these forums make out, but it definitely isn't a good amp. It's Marshall's budget model so you can't expect much ffrom it.

It'll be enough to keep you going until you can afford an upgrade though.

there are better amps for the price though.

And there is nothing more painful on the ears than a band that has two guitarists with the same MG stack.

seeen eet
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
there are better amps for the price though.

And there is nothing more painful on the ears than a band that has two guitarists with the same MG stack.

seeen eet

Not denying that, but there are also much worse amps for the money as well. They serve a purpose for beginners, but that's about it.

You definitely need something better by the time you're in a band though, surely the band you saw with two of them must have realised that? Or were they kids who may not have been able to afford something good?
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Not denying that, but there are also much worse amps for the money as well. They serve a purpose for beginners, but that's about it.

You definitely need something better by the time you're in a band though, surely the band you saw with two of them must have realised that? Or were they kids who may not have been able to afford something good?

They were kids in a hardcore band.

And no, there are better amps for the money.

Better beginner and intermediate amps for the money.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
They were kids in a hardcore band.

And no, there are better amps for the money.

Better beginner and intermediate amps for the money.

Yes, I agreed with you. I just pointed out that there are also worse amps for the money as well.

The kids will grow up one day, blame the parents.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Yes, I agreed with you. I just pointed out that there are also worse amps for the money as well.

The kids will grow up one day, blame the parents.

Nah. 600 dollars for an MG stack.

I can't think of anything worse than the MG stack for 600, I just can't.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I guess that's true - most of the other companies who make the shitty amps stop at about a 50w combo, probably because they realise you need better amps for gigging. Marshall get away with it because they're Marshall.

I was more talking about the smaller ones when I say there's worse as well as better.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
There are worse amps in existence. Some recommendation.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
grab a used pod bean for $50 and run it through the G.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.