Some friends and I are making a Led Zeppelin classic cover of Moby Dick and we want to have that vintage Analog hum... For example, what we wanted was the sound of Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) when the guitar comes in, you can hear the tape speeding up in the right ear, or on Why I Love You (Shells) right at the start, when she starts singing you can hear a tape running. We were wondering if there was a good plugin on Logic Pro 9 to create this? We know there are multiple plugins to limit hum, but we want the exact opposite...

Thanks!
Put something that hums near the microphone? I can't name any plugins that would do it but I imagine there are some, hell you can even go as far as finding an old tape player for 5 bucks at a radio shack and just use that.
IZotope do a free vst called Vinyl. It has a mechanical noise slider which might be what you're after.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Does it work with Logic Pro. Because it says only operating in Pro Tools, etc.
Last edited by GuitarzMyThing at Nov 26, 2011,
Read the whole thing "Pro Tools 6.1+ (RTAS/AudioSuite/HTDM), VST, MAS, Audio Unit, DirectX" - Logic can use the AU.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by ChemicalFire
IZotope do a free vst called Vinyl. It has a mechanical noise slider which might be what you're after.

+1. Electric hum, scratches, all sorts. It's ace.
great LO-FI VST - gives everything a Vintage Analog sound
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!