You ever get these rare jam seshs where you feel so god damn confident and connected to the guitar that you get this "Not a single **** was given" type feeling?

I just did, and I played for 3 and a half hours which I haven't done in a while. I usually feel like a shitty player and hate myself for it.

Share your stories Pit.
Yes. Not in awhile though, but hopefully that will change this Sunday when I finally have my own band practice.
I get it a lot when I do an acoustic jam with some mates in school.

I also got it the other day when I managed to improvise a pretty killer blues solo.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Weaponized
No, I don't.

notsureifserious.

dat feeel ali kid described is why most people play guitar for isn't it?

When I ask people if there good and they reply "yeah I just have to work on sweep picking" I am nonplusedand have to assume they have never felt it. A better answer would be "yeah man the energy in the room when me and my freinds jam for 16 hours straight is insane you would stand on the PA and stuff man" if someone answered me like that I would pay to see there gig and would know without question that they are infact good.

I just did. I've just returned from my bedroom after and hour and a half of practice.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Yeah, to be honest it is the reason I play guitar. I rarely get it, but when I do it makes my day and makes me feel like King Shit for a short while.

Refreshing.
I love it. I always come back into the living room feelin' like a boss. It's probably the greatest feeling ever.
My sig? Nice.
nawww but that singer from marroon 5 gets that, fuck he's bad without studio produjnction.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by due 07
I don't know any of those feels. ;_;

It's one of the coolest feelings in the world bro.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I once had it playing bass in a three man jam but I got hand cramp after about an hour.
OUT OF ORDER
YES it is also the reason why I play, That orgasmic release that can't be relieved in any other way (through the fingertips). You just lose yourself for a however long you can play for, and it's like the true form of ecstasy.

It is a rare jem, a wonderful piece of what makes day to day life worth going on with. There is no better feeling than not playing for a week or so then getting onto it, feeling like a god.

But how ****ed off I get when I play shit is intolerable ! God damnit.
I never get that feeling. When I play I always point out my flaws and imperfections.
ggg1 ggg3

Yeup, most notably like 2-3 years ago, I was jamming to Steve vai and was bein hella good for no reason, like an adrenaline rush of guitar skill.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Nov 26, 2011,
Welcome to the club. This happens to me all the time; 2 - 3 weeks of cringing when hearing myself playing, than a day or two of being a boss. It's just the mood I guess. Sometimes you feel like playing sometimes you don't.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
no i don't ever get that feeling.

I grind the axe... korean mmo style.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Yes I do.

Especially when I start with acoustic guitar.

And bluesy improvs (not that good, just decently self taught) always make me feel awesome when I finish.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Usually while high and jamming with others. If we're jamming around an old song of our I feel like I can't make a single mistake and if we're trying to come up with new stuff everything sounds awesome.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
When We're high
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Yup. Quite a lot. Jam sessions at pubs. You just go up, say a song you know, if everyone else knows it, you play it, if they don't, you show them the riff and shout the chords at them as you play. At first, you're really self concous about your playing, but after a while, you realize people are judging you and are watching you play, normally in awe because they can't, so you don't care if you slip out of time or mess up, it's not a test.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Yup. Quite a lot. Jam sessions at pubs. You just go up, say a song you know, if everyone else knows it, you play it, if they don't, you show them the riff and shout the chords at them as you play. At first, you're really self concous about your playing, but after a while, you realize people are judging you and are watching you play, normally in awe because they can't, so you don't care if you slip out of time or mess up, it's not a test.

The best thing with playing guitar. Impressing others.
I know that feeling TS. My hands get warm (They're usually cold to the touch most of the time) the strings get smooth, and everything sounds sick. I just play and play and play until my fingers are sore, and then I have to stop and then the next time I play I get really depresseed that I'm not playing like I was yesterday
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The best thing with playing guitar. Impressing others.

I prefer the rare times where I impress myself. I think "No chance I'll be able to play that" then I try it and it's like "Holy shit, I just did that?!"
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I prefer the rare times where I impress myself. I think "No chance I'll be able to play that" then I try it and it's like "Holy shit, I just did that?!"

I wasn't being serious.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I wasn't being serious.

So? I think it's quite uplifting and definitely one of the best things about playing when someone is impressed about your playing.
Quote by guitarxo
I never feel awesome while doing anything.

Not even when ironing?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Your sig reminds me of this:

Don't you feel awesome hugging cats?

Not really. The cats feel awesome when they hug me.
cat
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Perfect post! I love this feeling. I remember I got it last year when I played Master of Puppets at my school's talent show. I just stopped thinking about mistakes and I ended up winning 1st place. And then a lot of other times I get that feeling at practices, sometimes when a song or part of a song comes together perfectly between all the members and when I rip out a guitar solo, or even just rhythm parts while my friend solos. I'm looking forward to having this feeling again when I have a gig in the next month or so. Feels good man.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Yes, happens occasional when I'm drumming. Jamming to a song and just getting the beat perfectly in time straight away then doing fills that you didn't even think you could do ...feels so good.