Umm... most Fender guitars have singlecoils, and the F-spacing is exactly the string spacing of Fender guitars. In fact, that's exactly why it's called F-spacing, F as in Fender. So, yeah, they do exist, and I'd say that most singlecois most likely are F-spaced, or at least fit guitars with F-spacing just fine.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Umm... most Fender guitars have singlecoils, and the F-spacing is exactly the string spacing of Fender guitars. In fact, that's exactly why it's called F-spacing, F as in Fender. So, yeah, they do exist, and I'd say that most singlecois most likely are F-spaced, or at least fit guitars with F-spacing just fine.

I see... thats good to hear, i always thought it had something to do with the floating tremolos, at least thats what the guy at the store told me -.-
Quote by tappooh
I see... thats good to hear, i always thought it had something to do with the floating tremolos, at least thats what the guy at the store told me -.-

Yes and no. The concept of "F-spaced" originated back in the days when people were getting aftermarket pickups for their Gibson or Fender guitars only to realize that they were spaced too wide or too narrow. A typical tremolo bridge has the same/similar string spacing to Fender's spacing that they've been using for ages, and pickup companies came up with the idea of F-spaced to define what pickups are suited for Fender/tremolo bridge spacing.
to ease your mind and take out the guess work.

measure the mid spot on your guitar. (or where the single is going)

F-spacing is for wider-spaced bridges. Get out a tape measure or ruler. Measure from the center of one outer pole piece to the center of the other outer pole piece. Standard spacing is 48 mm (1.90 inches) and F-spacing is 51 mm (2.01 inches). Replace like for like.

like said, any single will most likely line up under the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011