Hey guys,

I'm so undecided on what to go for! I already have a maple guitar but no rosewoods.

What would you pick?

I dislike the way the maple of new fenders looks so clean! With the lacquer on it can they ever look 'worn'?

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I'd go maple because it looks better with the lighter Sunburst. If it was a more traditional colored Sunburst, than Rosewood.

I dislike the way the maple of new fenders looks so clean! With the lacquer on it can they ever look 'worn'?

No, not unless they have a nitrocellulose lacquer instead of the much more common polyester or polyurethane.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi

Who wants a guitar that is forever going to look like it has just come out of the warehouse!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Maple! But only because I like the fact that the headstock matches the fretboard.

But there are differences in sound if I remember correctly
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
i've had 3 strats, 2 maple and one ebony (deluxe model). i don't believe there is any tonal difference, it's all down to looks. personally i'd go with maple every time but that's just my choice.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
You should base your choice on the tonal differences of the fretboard material rather than how it looks. If you prefer tone characteristics of maple then go for it. Pay your honest dues on it and will look shabby enough in time.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
All the guitars I've ever owned have been rosewood. Except one, one was ebony and I liked that A LOT.
IIRC Maple sounds brighter than Rosewood?

They both look good. I'm more a Rosewood man myself though.
looks alot better with rosewood on that finish, rosewood ftw never tried a tele with maple though yet
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard