Alright, so I guess making a semi hollow vs solid body thread wouldn't be allowed so imma make this.

Budget: $500 USD

Genres: anything from Metallica to Jessie J (yes, for the past few days I've been straying into pop But id like this guitar to do Guns n Roses, ACDC, Oasis and all that good rock stuff. My art300 can do teh br00tlz and my strat can be purdy clean.

New, but ill look around for used things myself. I guess city doesn't matter if I say new........

My main choices are an epi dot or an epi lp traditional pro. I'll see if I can find a used Gibson sg/lp faded and a Sheraton II.

I haven't played the dot and fancy trying a semi hollow. Gallagher from oasis and Ryan peake from nickelback use semi hollows so I guess it'll be good.

Please recommend other options, i won't stretch the budget as this is probably a birthday present, and I might actually make an NGD thread this time around.

Thanks UG!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Flameshield activated!

I recommend an Ibanez, since they are very versatile. The thing is that none of those artists use Ibanez guitars [hence the flamshield]. You could look at Les Pauls, since they are versatile too, but I'm not sure they will handle brutal metal tone.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Flameshield activated!

I recommend an Ibanez, since they are very versatile. The thing is that none of those artists use Ibanez guitars [hence the flamshield]. You could look at Les Pauls, since they are versatile too, but I'm not sure they will handle brutal metal tone.

I was looking at the artcores but I can't try them because no music store nearby has them. Epiphone les Pauls would be my backup if I don't like the semihollows or the PRS se singlecut.

I mentioned in the post I didn't need anything for metal, mainly for to rock.

Anyone had any experiences with the epi dot or the se singlecut?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
i would jump on that PRS SE Singlecut from sam ash for $399 like right now for what you want to play.

you won't find a better guitar new for under $400, anywhere, ever.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i would jump on that PRS SE Singlecut from sam ash for $399 like right now for what you want to play.

you won't find a better guitar new for under $400, anywhere, ever.

I don't see it on their site for that price, but I do spot an se custom 24 for 500.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
I don't see it on their site for that price, but I do spot an se custom 24 for 500.

black friday sale. get there now.
Quote by JKHC

PRS is your best bet. Beautiful guitars, great sound, unmatched (in my opinion) playability & feel. Even if it is an SE, its STILL A PRS!!
2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2011 PRS SE Santana limited edition of 25
2007 Ibanez SZ520QM-VCB
2009 Washburn Renegade WM23
Vox 20W Valvetronix

Quote by gregs1020
black friday sale. get there now.

Nearest Sam Ash is 2 hours away and I can't drive........

Not that bad, my birthday is right before christmas so I can probably save on whatever I'm buying during a christmas sale or w/e.

Epiphone dot anyone? What about the sheraton? I've been gassing for a semi-hollow but don't know how it'll do. I haven't tried a semi-hollow yet and the only decent music store (GC ) is an hour away. How would those 2 ^^ compare to a LP?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
that's cool. they have sales and stuff right up until xmass.

or you could just call the online store and talk to them. they match the instore deals all the time. that way if you don't like it you still have a 30 day return period or 45 days to exchange for something else. it would arrive new in box so nobody else would have played it. that may be worth a shot, your call.

as far as the dot or hollowbodies in general. very cool guitars, i'm a fan.

i just don't think they are best for what you want to play.

good luck JKHC!!
Quote by gregs1020
as far as the dot or hollowbodies in general. very cool guitars, i'm a fan.

i just don't think they are best for what you want to play.

Well, I guess I'll just go try some out in a few weeks and pick which feels best. The only reason I wanted a semi hollow is because (other than the fact they look badass) Noel Gallagher uses them

Thanks for the help everyone.

And have a Merry Christmas! (or a Happy Winter if you don't celebrate Christmas)
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
What about an Epiphone Riviera?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
What about an Epiphone Riviera?

Never looked into it, I always shy-ed away from p90 (p93s or w/e). Ill look into that.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Woffelz
Did you even look at the Epi I suggested?

He already said he was looking at a Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro in his original post.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
He already said he was looking at a Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro in his original post.

I was wondering because he didn't reply and he didn't mention it after the OP.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
I was wondering because he didn't reply and he didn't mention it after the OP.

Sorry for not elaborating on the Epiphone solid bodys. I've tried quite a few of them and like them. I'm focusing on semi-hollow bodies to see if I'll like them better. But if not, I'll get an epiphone or a PRS se........
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Sorry for not elaborating on the Epiphone solid bodys. I've tried quite a few of them and like them. I'm focusing on semi-hollow bodies to see if I'll like them better. But if not, I'll get an epiphone or a PRS se........

There's a semi-hollow PRS SE for around $600, its a bit more than you talked ab. but if you save up, it really is an amazing guitar. I played it earlier today and almost bought it right then and there
2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2011 PRS SE Santana limited edition of 25
2007 Ibanez SZ520QM-VCB
2009 Washburn Renegade WM23
Vox 20W Valvetronix