Hi,
The bassist in our band is looking for a new practice amp for home use and has a budget of £100. It can be new or used.

Any recommendations?
Well, be more specific - how many W's, built in effects, preffered brand etc. I am probably not going to give a good recommendation, since I am a guitarist, but just sparing the hassle of the person who will eventually say the same thing. Cheers
Quote by risk182
Well, be more specific - how many W's, built in effects, preffered brand etc. I am probably not going to give a good recommendation, since I am a guitarist, but just sparing the hassle of the person who will eventually say the same thing. Cheers

Hi thanks for replying! He is looking for at least 15 watts and he doesnt want any built in effects he just want a 'beefy' sounding amp for playing jazz/funk.
And no he has no brands in mind.
Most of those 15w ones are pretty crap, and their usually tiny speakers prevent them from sounding 'beefy'.

Have a look around ebay/gumtree, you can sometimes find a used Peavey TNT/Warwick Sweet/Warwick Blue Cab 60 or one of the smaller Ashdowns around that price.