Page 1 of 2
this petition needs just over 4000 signatures by tomorrow for it to be reviewed by the white house. Whenever anything controversial is presented on a petition, the government merely gives a bullshit standard response, which ruins the integrity of this system.

Help out your country, Pit!

if you're not american, you can pretend for a few minutes. just give an american zip code (10128 is one) and sign it anyway!

edit: over 100 signatures in half an hour! this might actually make it by tomorrow.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Nov 26, 2011,
Nope.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I need an account to sign up? No way José.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by fearofthemark

if you're not american, you can pretend for a few minutes. just give an american zip code (10128 is one) and sign it anyway!

Ooh yeah, no better way to make a petition taken seriously than to have a load of people lying on it.
Quote by Cloaca
Ooh yeah, no better way to make a petition taken seriously than to have a load of people lying on it.

It'll be taken more seriously than if there aren't enough signatures on the petition.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
It'll be taken more seriously than if there aren't enough signatures on the petition.

Why do you want more signatures then? Shouldn't you just leave it blank and then everyone will think it's real serious.
It's not letting me vote even though I already made an account

edit: nevermind I signed it! yayayayyay I'm signature 20,543
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 26, 2011,
Quote by devourke
Why do you want more signatures then? Shouldn't you just leave it blank and then everyone will think it's real serious.

I don't think you understood what I wrote...
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by guitarxo
It's not letting me vote even though I already made an account

sorry about that.

maybe you actually have to be in the US to sign these things.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
sorry about that.

maybe you actually have to be in the US to sign these things.

no it worked
cat
Quote by fearofthemark
I don't think you understood what I wrote...

It's 5am here and I still think I'm in a better mindset than you.
Quote by behind_you
The irony of this is killing me.

Yeah, this. I think your petition might be rejected.
While you're here, can you please update your UG Bible thread?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by devourke
It's 5am here and I still think I'm in a better mindset than you.

I said:

"It'll be taken more seriously than if there aren't enough signatures on the petition."

in other words:

If people lie about their location, but the petition gets enough signatures, the government would take the petition more seriously than if there aren't enough signatures on it in the first place.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
I said:

"It'll be taken more seriously than if there aren't enough signatures on the petition."

in other words:

If people lie about their location, but the petition gets enough signatures, the government would take the petition more seriously than if there aren't enough signatures on it in the first place.

It's 5am here and I'm not in a better mindset than you
I'm pretty sure that I already signed this, but I'll try again.

Edit: Yup. I signed it when it was posted in the thread about the marijuana petition.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by So-Cal
Yeah, this. I think your petition might be rejected.

Not my petition, I just support the cause
it's worth a shot, anyway. If a few minutes of my time might be able to help out, I'll do it.

Quote by guitarxo
no it worked

cool, thanks

Quote by Woffelz
While you're here, can you please update your UG Bible thread?

I tried to keep the front page updated at first, but it's a bitch to copy and paste >1000 posts. If you go to the last page, you can go backwards and still read all the new ones though. Sorry bout that
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by devourke
It's 5am here and I'm not in a better mindset than you

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

So what is this? A battle for your government to actually do what they're supposed to do?

Gov.: "Ok, man, we'll listen to the people, but only if they get 25K sigs on that petition. If that doesn't happen, then we're going back to lying and not giving a ****."
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
So what is this? A battle for your government to actually do what they're supposed to do?

Gov.: "Ok, man, we'll listen to the people, but only if they get 25K sigs on that petition. If that doesn't happen, then we're going back to lying and not giving a ****."

Pretty much, unfortunately.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

The government doesn't take petitions seriously... so the solution is to make a petition? Derp
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
The government doesn't take petitions seriously... so the solution is to make a petition? Derp

I have to admire the hilarity in that, and I'm sure it was intended.

I can see it now...

Offal Office

Nameless Intern: Mr. President, a petition has made its way through our impregnable bureaucracy, do you want me to summon Hoover to kill the-

Obama: Oh dear. They breached the 25,000 mark? Either we have a serious problem on our hands, or the people are organizing. Either way, a serious problem on our hands. Yes, summon the ghost of Hoover and have him meet me in the situation room in 30 minutes.

Nameless Intern: But, sir...the ritual requires a day of fasting before it begins. It could go awry and-

Obama: Did I stutter? 30 minutes. Presidents are judged based on their willingness to act, not their regards for metaphysical traffic laws.

Situation Room: 30 minutes later

Obama: I assume you all know why you're here.

Sun Tzu: Clearly you're an incompetent leader.

Machiavelli: I wouldn't speak so fast, General Tso. There must be some good reason he brought us here.

Nickelback: There's never a good reason for us to be here.

Obama: Hoover can only sustain his connection to this dimension when a room is filled with the sounds of pure evil...or Canadians. Two birds with one stone.

Machiavelli: One bird with two stones, sir.

Obama: Do you want to try and help Italy instead?

Machiavelli: Fair enough.

Nameless Intern, horribly disfigured: OH MY GAAARGLEEGED *falls dead*

*Enter Hoover, wearing battle armor*

Hoover: MINE *kills all involved*

Prologue

And that, son, is how Hoover stole Christmas.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Last edited by Cap'n Braid at Nov 26, 2011,
Quote by fearofthemark
I said:

in other words:

Concerns like that were raised in 18th century England. (Clarification: how effective petitions are at reflecting the public mood, reasons including a) false names, b) people pushing people to sign them.) This was, y'know, before the United States even existed. Sorry for being such a sceptical, whining bastard but petitions have an inflated worth. (And plus the only two petitions in the UK which have been taken seriously have been brought in on the back of reactionary, pissed off conservatives. )
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 26, 2011,
Who said I want the government to take me seriously? I'm not so arrogant to think that my opinion is more important than anyone else's.

Moreover, who am I - a lowly plebe - to tell all these intelligent and highly experienced politicians what policies are the best? I mean, it's not like we tell NASA scientists what materials would make the optimal heat shield for their shuttles and so forth.
Signed
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Cap'n Braid
I have to admire the hilarity in that, and I'm sure it was intended.

I can see it now...

Offal Office

Nameless Intern: Mr. President, a petition has made its way through our impregnable bureaucracy, do you want me to summon Hoover to kill the-

Obama: Oh dear. They breached the 25,000 mark? Either we have a serious problem on our hands, or the people are organizing. Either way, a serious problem on our hands. Yes, summon the ghost of Hoover and have him meet me in the situation room in 30 minutes.

Nameless Intern: But, sir...the ritual requires a day of fasting before it begins. It could go awry and-

Obama: Did I stutter? 30 minutes. Presidents are judged based on their willingness to act, not their regards for metaphysical traffic laws.

Situation Room: 30 minutes later

Obama: I assume you all know why you're here.

Sun Tzu: Clearly you're an incompetent leader.

Machiavelli: I wouldn't speak so fast, General Tso. There must be some good reason he brought us here.

Nickelback: There's never a good reason for us to be here.

Obama: Hoover can only sustain his connection to this dimension when a room is filled with the sounds of pure evil...or Canadians. Two birds with one stone.

Machiavelli: One bird with two stones, sir.

Obama: Do you want to try and help Italy instead?

Machiavelli: Fair enough.

Nameless Intern, horribly disfigured: OH MY GAAARGLEEGED *falls dead*

*Enter Hoover, wearing battle armor*

Hoover: MINE *kills all involved*

Prologue

And that, son, is how Hoover stole Christmas.

A petition to listen to petitions?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by fearofthemark

Those kinds of lies are very easily seen through.

If 1,000 people sign it with that zip code you gave it hardly looks genuine.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Your petitions help the economy. They burn them to heat the white house, thus causing less energy usage and more efficient and affordable power bills.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Jackal58
A petition to listen to petitions?

M E T A P E T I T I O N
Making good progress.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
And if this fails, you can have another petition to petition this petition to be read.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Come on we need 3000 more people! Pit get everybody you know to sign this!
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Is this a fail at midnight tonight?

We have got this is we have all day tomorrow, but I have a pulled back and can't walk without a cane, so I'll make a ton of calls demanding people to sign tonight if it is due in about seven hours.
Quote by Cianyx
And if this fails, you can have another petition to petition this petition to be read.

R E P E T I T I O N
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Page 1 of 2