My tremolo bridge has been moved, it is not adjusted properly and on monday I' m taking it to the shop. I have brand new tight strings on theStrat now.

Should I take the off in case? Can I leave a Strat without strings? Or do I just leave them on?

I won't be playing till they fix it
WTFO?

Don't know what you mean by "bridge has been moved".

That might affect the answer. But it won't hurt to leave the strings off for a couple of days.
i don't understand the question. Are you worried about them switching your strings or something? If so, just tell them explicitly that you don't wish have your strings changed. Also I can't really imagine how would they adjust the bridge properly w/o strings (well they probably could, depends on what exactly you mean by 'bridge has been moved, it's not adjusted properly')
Quote by jetwash69
WTFO?

Don't know what you mean by "bridge has been moved".

That might affect the answer. But it won't hurt to leave the strings off for a couple of days.

I messed up, and now my tremolo birdge is in a permanent position as if i was always pushing the tremolo bar down. I'm taking it to the shop in two days and I wont play until then.
SHould I take the strings off in case it harms the guitar (bridge)?
The Springs holding the bridge down have probably slipped, or you just restrung it incorrectly putting too much tension on the bridge.
it shouldn't hurt the bridge, but if you're worried you can just loosen the strings a bit to lower it to previous position, it won't hurt the guitar. I don't think there is a need to take them off completely, also if you want to have it setup properly from the shop, they need to have the strings you're using so you'd have to put them back on anyway (or take them w/ you or something)
Quote by KorYi
i don't understand the question. Are you worried about them switching your strings or something? If so, just tell them explicitly that you don't wish have your strings changed. Also I can't really imagine how would they adjust the bridge properly w/o strings (well they probably could, depends on what exactly you mean by 'bridge has been moved, it's not adjusted properly')

I don't mind them putting new strings on, I'm saying that my bridge has raised up from the standard level (as if i was permanently doing a dive bomb - BUT I'M NOT!! THE WHAMMY WONT DO ANYTHING)

Do I take the strings off for now in case of harming more the birdge or what do I do? Do i just leave it?
Probably won't matter much either way, but it wouldn't hurt to back the tension off.

Have you opened up the trem cavity cover in back to see what's going on?

Like someone else said, maybe your springs aren't intact or maybe the claw screws are too loose?
jesus tits stop making threads about the same question.

reported
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i'd keep the strings on myself, keep proper tension on the neck. let the tech remove them.

sounds like you just used the wrong gauge of string, used to heavy of a string that has more tension.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
If you just changed strings you might have put thicker strings on, making more tension, pulling the bridge up, if you take off the back plate you'll see. Either you need to get thinner strings like you used to have, or you need to add more springs to the back of the guitar.
Quote by nde
If you just changed strings you might have put thicker strings on, making more tension, pulling the bridge up, if you take off the back plate you'll see. Either you need to get thinner strings like you used to have, or you need to add more springs to the back of the guitar.

Or maybe just tighten the claw screws.