Page 1 of 3
My memories of my little pony go back to when I was a kid watching cartoons on a Saturday morning. The My Little Pony ad came on and advertised some god awful girly toy every bloody ad break and tormented me while I was waiting for my cartoons to start. Then they made the toys into some shitty cheesy cartoon that I couldn't avoid.
Now I'm seeing my little pony everywhere (especially in the pit). What was once aimed at 5 year old girls now seems to be loved by adults and even guys, and I just don't get it.

Can someone please explain why this awful franchise has suddenly become so popular on the internet?
they're gay for ponies
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Hipsters and people who brag about how secure they are with their masculinity

I swear someone makes a thread on this every week
I used to collected My Little Pony dolls in the early 90s. It was fun to brush their manes. The new pony is much cuter, and inexplicably funnier, than the ponies of yesteryear.
It's spreading to art sites like Deviantart.

Thankfully some art sites have a blacklist so i can blacklist the stuff so i don't see it.
Quote by whoomit
(Invalid img)

you know what i think about that?

that's what i think about that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's just entertaining.

It's a light-hearted show with likable characters and nice animation, and the community around it is great. There are some that obsess over it far too much and give it way too much credit; it's just a TV show like adventure time to me. If you don't like it, I'm not shoving it in your face. You have to go out of your way for me to bother you about it, besides my avatar and the occasional macro.
Because the internet is full of hopeless, fanny-packing queers.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I eat horse and pony meat on a daily basis. True. Not joking.

It's very nutritional and low on fat.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Axelfox
It's spreading to art sites like Deviantart.

Thankfully some art sites have a blacklist so i can blacklist the stuff so i don't see it.

"art sites"

Sure bro
OT:

The show is great because its so refreshing to see a genuinely good cartoon coming out these days imo. The style of the cartoon is really reminiscent of the cartoons from the 90's in the animation and the art style.

The charactor development is really complex for a kids show too. They all react to a situation in completly different ways. It mades for some strong personalities.

Generally though, its simply a really feel-good show to watch. its just that 4chan has managed to get its grubby hands on it and give the show the association of a meme.

Quote by darkcheef
Hipsters and people who brag about how secure they are with their masculinity

I swear someone makes a thread on this every week

I don't really care if a show is intended for little girls. People who don't want to watch the show and judge it before even watching 1 episode purely because of the intended demographic are pretty insecure about themselves don't you think? Its not even that girly anyway. In the 90's, the Powerpuff Girls were girlier and grown men couldn't get enough of that show.

The most recent thread made was when i was saying happy birthday to one of the bronies. That's not every week. There hasn't been a pony-related thread made since freaking May.

If anything, its THIS thread and hate threads like this which give the impression that its talked about every week.

If you don't like the show, get over it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 26, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777

Also I wasn't posting here when this whole thing took over, it was very weird to come back to random pony avatars.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by theogonia777

(Invalid img)

Quote by theogonia777

Can I get that on a t-shirt?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
its so refreshing to see a genuinely good cartoon coming out these days imo.

i stopped reading there.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
i stopped reading there.

Have you even watched the show?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Have you even watched the show?

i watched the first couple of episodes to see what the big deal was. it was pretty cringe worthy. but i was commenting on your statement implying that there are no good cartoons anymore.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The show is great because its so refreshing to see a genuinely good cartoon coming out these days imo.

(Invalid img)
Quote by theogonia777
i watched the first couple of episodes to see what the big deal was. it was pretty cringe worthy. but i was commenting on your statement implying that there are no good cartoons anymore.

I agree to disagree with your opinion. Nothing more needs to be said.

OT:

Its alright to not like somthing, but does that give you the right to hate on it? Nope.
Quote by TheSennaj
People who watch it are fags... like, what kind of person watches something like that?! Even if they do enjoy it, it's just wrong because it's animated and doesn't involve any cursing, sex or even alcohol references.

You people who watch it make me sick.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I agree to disagree.

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute now, don't forget about adventure time. Flapjack and chowder aren't aired anymore but were fairly recent too. I thought they were all pretty good cartoons.
I know what started it, but I'm confused about the fan following.

I've narrowed it down to two possibilities:

Hypothesis A) They are clever, organized trolls

Hypothesis B) They are not heterosexual
You'll like it if you're gay or if you want to hide your gayness behind a mask of "i'm just comfortable with my sexuality not gay!" Or if you're a genuine hipster, in which case the above things also apply to you.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by SlayingDragons
Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute now, don't forget about adventure time. Flapjack and chowder aren't aired anymore but were fairly recent too. I thought they were all pretty good cartoons.

It Wasn't what i meant, lucas. I meant that i agree to disagree with his opinion.

So basically what everyone is saying it that its gay to enjoy a cartoon.

its ironic how people keep raving on about how the pit are a load of scumbags, how they want it to be a better pit and then the same people start making and contributing to hate threads.

Nice one, pit.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I don't really care if a show is intended for little girls. People who don't want to watch the show and judge it before even watching 1 episode purely because of the intended demographic are pretty insecure about themselves don't you think? Its not even that girly anyway. In the 90's, the Powerpuff Girls were girlier and grown men couldn't get enough of that show.

The Powerpuff Girls were serious business.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

And it was excellent.

And most of us were young enough for it to not be creepy.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by WCPhils

I found one of those stuffed dolls, loaded it with explosives, and set it on fire in the road when I was little. A half pound of pyrodex and a couple M80s made that quite a powerpuff.

HURRR
Quote by bradulator
And it was excellent.

And most of us were young enough for it to not be creepy.

exactly
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I know three-four bronys in real world and it seems the pony stuff mostly stays on the internet and between bronys. I doubt they'd be any different if they haven't been into MLP.
Quote by conor-figgy
People who watch it are fags... like, what kind of person watches something like that?! Even if they do enjoy it, it's just wrong because it's animated and doesn't involve any cursing, sex or even alcohol references.

You people who watch it make me sick.

You're so metul.
I AGREE
Page 1 of 3