I was having a jam with my friend today and was having a shot on his guitar. because i was in the mood i decided to tune the low e to A. It handled it really well, no buzz! he told me he had what he thought was 10-46. So would 9-46 do for having e standard with A on top? i dont want to go up to 49/50, its a bit thick for me on my strat. but i still want it to be thin as possible as i usually play 9-42.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
The scale length and string height also affect whether or not you had buzz for low tunings. Just because it worked on his guitar doesn't mean it'll work just as well on yours.

I personally think 46 guage is way too light for tuning down to A. I'd go for a 52 or something if you want to keep it light.
Was it strawberry jam? :O :O
Quote by Joeobrown
I did think about the size, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem because I like thick ones anyway

That's what she said.
Quote by sashki
The scale length and string height also affect whether or not you had buzz for low tunings. Just because it worked on his guitar doesn't mean it'll work just as well on yours.

I personally think 46 guage is way too light for tuning down to A. I'd go for a 52 or something if you want to keep it light.

a 52? even a 50 is a bit heavy, and it wont always be in A, itll only be like that sometimes
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by megaluisdeth
Tuning down that low on a strat? It might get a little muddy.

nah, i had it down today, and it was okay, i just need something that will hold a bit better than a 42
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700