Hi there. I wonder if anyone can help? I'm pretty new to guitar but my 13 yr old daughter has been playing acoustic for a while. I have the chance of buying an Epiphone Les Paul Special Model electric guitar for her for £25. It is in good condition and is around 8 years old. My question is should I buy it? I have no idea if it's a decent guitar or not.
considering that guitar is about 150 dollars 25 is a great deal either way
buy it and if you dont like it you can sell it for a profit

also make sure its in workng condition
its a very cheap guitar and i wouldnt call it good but for that sort of money it cant do any harm. when i got my first ELECTRIC guitar i was suddenly obsessed and i have been playing for 4-6 hours a day since. i would go for it and if she starts playing seriously then get a better one. you will also need an amp and a cable though.
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Yep, I was wondering about amps too - what sort of price might I expect to pay for a small mains one?
depends if youre willing to go used or not. i would get a cheap one and if she plays a lot get a better one because bad amps with good guitars, unlike bad guitars with a good amp, sound quite bad.
Thanks, that's good advice. I've bought the Epiphone now, so I'll get on to looking for an amp for her. Been looking through the forums, there's some great threads on here!

Thanks again.
Quote by papoosue
Thanks, that's good advice. I've bought the Epiphone now, so I'll get on to looking for an amp for her. Been looking through the forums, there's some great threads on here!

Thanks again.

yep. its really fun browsing this forum... just make sure you dont get addicted.
<P>Youth people who study hard, like the red sun rises Ugg boots in sky. Beautiful, magnificent, its brightness dazzles the eyes., the future is very great. Prime time when people who study hard, like a sunny sky, Masamori spirit. For a day, a good time is inestimable.Someone says:" don't sail, mast, is a useless piece of cloth; ideal, is ugg austrailia not put into action with no reality whatever fog." Also some people said:" the lofty ideal is a heart of the snow boots sun, it can shine on this life every step of the way." Some people say:" good is good, but not ideal but will is fleeting rainbow.<BR>Read this article feeling a little help a lot in our lives and good people.After, we can pay more attention, perhaps we will see after the accident, I'll give you another http://www.snowbootsforyou.co.uk few cheap ugg boots articles, we can see that free time a! Here is connected, some articles on some of the interesting way of sightseeing, and interested friends can see Oh!</P>
<P> </P>