okay, so I'm not a fan of Single Coils, too noisy, and not quite enough meat.

I'm buying a tele soon, and I'm gonna replace the pickups, I want to know which will be good to get a more humbucker kind of sound out of.

Not too worried about the price, but I'd like to keep it under $125 But I'll go higher if it's really gonna kick ass.

I play pop-punk, hardcore, metalcore, lots of palm muting. I just need something with some meat to it. I'd also like to be able to get decent cleans.

My amp is fine, don't recommend me something else.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
bump?
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
where do you live?

If it is in the US look at www.Guitarfetish.com they have the Lil' Puncher tele set. The set runs $50ish.

I put the hot lead set in a tele build i did, and they sound pretty damn good for a tele p/u. They have 3 diff versions of it, and a few others also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by BeastModeEngage
okay, so I'm not a fan of Single Coils, too noisy, and not quite enough meat.

I'm buying a tele soon, and I'm gonna replace the pickups, I want to know which will be good to get a more humbucker kind of sound out of.

Not too worried about the price, but I'd like to keep it under $125 But I'll go higher if it's really gonna kick ass.

I play pop-punk, hardcore, metalcore, lots of palm muting. I just need something with some meat to it. I'd also like to be able to get decent cleans.

My amp is fine, don't recommend me something else.

why not buy a tele with humbuckers?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
getting a set for that price is a big ask. somewhere where you want to splurge out on is the pickups really.

Are you going to be only using a distorted bridge pickup? because you might as well leave the neck pickup in for a clean, tele cleans are a favourite of mine, especially on the neck pickup.

I'd look at the big 3 brands for passives (seymour duncan, dimarzio, bareknuckles) and have a look at their ranges on a set or a bridge pickup. Then look around for other brands you may know yourself or a luthier locally who might make pickups. Just splurge on a good bridge or a set on sale IMHO.
some lace sensor duallys, maybe?
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
getting a set for that price is a big ask. somewhere where you want to splurge out on is the pickups really.

Are you going to be only using a distorted bridge pickup? because you might as well leave the neck pickup in for a clean, tele cleans are a favourite of mine, especially on the neck pickup.

I'd look at the big 3 brands for passives (seymour duncan, dimarzio, bareknuckles) and have a look at their ranges on a set or a bridge pickup. Then look around for other brands you may know yourself or a luthier locally who might make pickups. Just splurge on a good bridge or a set on sale IMHO.

Sorry, I meant just a bridge pickup. The neck is fine, especially since I only use the neck pickup for cleans. The Bridge pickup is my only concern.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror