i am currently the proud ownner of a washburn dime but id liek to know what poeple would value it at, its a washburn dime 333 dimelime but it has a un-coloured black ( much like the usa version of the guitar). the guitar also has had modifictaions to the pickups, it has a seymour duncan 59 in the neck and a bill lawrence lx500l in the bridge ( i have also reversed it like dime had on his). it features a licenced washburn floyd rose and the stock strap locks, and ive also changed the strings to dunlop zakk wylde icon series strings (0.09-0.46), also it came with a hard case and all the allen keys needed. what i was wondering is what do you think its worth, i payed £420 in total for it, did i get a good deal or was i ripped off ?
I don´t know that guitar, nor the value. Just a story:
I once bought a 96 Hamer US guitar for about 1200 Euros. I´m completely satisfied with this piece of gear and I love it. Some days ago, I saw nearly the same guitar for about twice the money at a store. Will I trade it in? No way!

So, here´s the clue: for about 2400 Euros, the Hamer is overpriced (in my opinion). For my 1200 Euros it´s a fair deal (in my opinion).

That´s, what it´s all about: If you feel great, playin THAT guitar, it was worth it - if not....you paid too much. Simple as that.

otherwise: are you willing to pay 200 grands for a Les Paul? If you like it - sure, if not - never!

Keep on rockin!
thanks
by what your saying yes it was worth it but ive been told that a dimeslime with a non green back is apparently rare so i was only wondering as i just like to know the value if i had to ever resell it
which i hope i never have to do as it is an amazing guitar
The only Dime guitar worth buying would be the "Far Beyond Driven" ML in Brasil Burst and only 2nd hand.

But yours sounds all right and thats about the right sort of price, though the new pups dont add value.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i disagree, i find that just buying the dean ml 79 f then installing a billalwrence will be better as that is exactly what dime did so i find the fbd ml to be a bit of a waste of money
hence why saying the only Dime guitar.....?

I wouldnt be seen dead with a non USA Dean and even then.....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
maybe 60% of what it cost you new.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by metalgod47
why do you say that?

Thats just how it works. Guitars go down in value over time unless theres a good reason they shouldn't. Not only that, but adding aftermarket pickups/other modifications doesn't add any value to the guitar. In fact, sometimes it can take away value from the guitar. That's because not everyone is going to like the modifications.

Case in point: I bought a USA Strat in 2006 for $950. It's worth maybe $600 now, and it's in damn good shape. It's just how it works.

So yeah, about 60% is what you're looking at.
Quote by metalgod47
thanks
by what your saying yes it was worth it but ive been told that a dimeslime with a non green back is apparently rare so i was only wondering as i just like to know the value if i had to ever resell it
which i hope i never have to do as it is an amazing guitar

Well, maybe it´ll take some time, but eba* is quite a good place to see, what other people are willing to pay for a guitar. If you trade it in at a store, you´ll always loose some money. On eba* you´ll maybe get less (than you´re expecting), but surely more than at a professional store will pay you.

Sold some modified SD-1 on the platform and paid about 35 Euros, modified them and got from 45-85 (!) Euros back. It all depends on the guys, who are interested. I second Strats&Cats "That's because not everyone is going to like the modifications."

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose

regards