my BC rich JRV's floyd is acting up, everytime i pull back on the bar (making notes higher) strings snap. I'm tired of having a floyd i can barely use, and the lack of being able to change tunings is very frustrating. so ive decided i want to get it "blocked". from what i understand they insert a piece of wood inside the cavity making the floyd act like a hardtail. anyone know how much it would cost to get this mod done? I'm fed up with broken strings from using a piece of my equipment the way it was designed to be used.
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
A block only stops the bar from going down, and you can do it yourself. Just cut a piece of wood and stick it in there.

However, what your describing to me sounds like you have a sharp contact point on your bridge. You could take a file and grind down whichever saddle your strings break on. Easy fix.
Don't bother getting it professionally blocked or buying anything, just find a small block of wood and jam it in there. I believe I found a block slightly too small and jammed 2 slices off an eraser to stop it moving about or damaging the guitar.
well a big part of it is the lack of being able to change tunings. i play alot of different stuff ranging from E to B standard, and the floyd makes me just stay in E. so, if i get it blocked i can change from say E to D then Drop C with ease? i mean it sucks that i have this guitar that would sound good for death metal and that, and i cant play in lower than E, and i DO know how to tune around the floyd with adjusting the springs and all but that takes quite the time just for a couple songs i want to work on in that tuning.
Bestow upon me magic
how much would it cost to install a tremol-no? besides the fact that it cost $50 to buy.
Bestow upon me magic
i dont want to risk screwing up my whole guitar.
Bestow upon me magic
you CANNOT mess up your guitar when you install the tremol-no.
you remove two screws and then reconnect your ground wire to the tremol-no unit. THAT SIMPLE.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
well dont you have to solder a ground wire?
Bestow upon me magic
ah, good point. although he could just electrical tape it to the claw if he didnt have a soldering iron or access to one...
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
wouldnt putting in a block cost much less for generally the same affect? piss on whammy tricks, i just want to be able to tune around for the cheapest price possible. new guitar aint an option, plus, what i really need to save for is an amp but what good is an amp without a reliable guitar.
Bestow upon me magic