Hey Im buying a Marshall mb15 from a friend in like a week. The problem is it only has 15 watts. The description for the amp says it has a line out on the amp though. Does this mean I can connect it to a cab or just a PA system?
Quote by friendlyindie
ok thanks. you wouldnt happen to know of a realllllllyyyy cheap bass cab would you?

a cab on a practice amp, isnt going to make it louder.

it's still 15 watts.

what kind of out is it?

if it's a headphone, it's not going to power a cab.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its not a headphone out. it says line out. check it out on musiciansfriend.com. and um if I connect it to a 2x12 cab then itd be louder wouldnt it?
Quote by friendlyindie
its not a headphone out. it says line out. check it out on musiciansfriend.com. and um if I connect it to a 2x12 cab then itd be louder wouldnt it?

No it wouldn't

You'd be play a 15w amp still.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by friendlyindie
but would the extra speakers not help?

Not at all.

If it did, you wouldn't notice the difference. The amp is where the volume is.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by friendlyindie

it's a line out for recording or monitoring.

it's not a speaker out.

it's a 15w practice amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Line out means it's a line level output for connecting it to (powered) monitors or recording gear. It's a very low output. If you had a PA it would work, but I'm assuming that's not the case.

To power another cab you'd have to run it through a seperate power amp, then to the cab. If you're not recording or plugging into a PA, just forget the line out exists.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
Line out means it's a line level output for connecting it to (powered) monitors or recording gear. It's a very low output. If you had a PA it would work, but I'm assuming that's not the case.

To power another cab you'd have to run it through a seperate power amp, then to the cab. If you're not recording or plugging into a PA, just forget the line out exists.

+1

A line out cannot power a cab. More speakers do not equal more volume.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
When I had a Spider III, I used it's Line out/Headphone output for my 2x12 cab until I got my first head.

It cut the volume in half, but sounded slightly better. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90