I am interested to hear opinions on what is the best speaker/cabinet match for an egnater tweaker15 head or in the broader sense low watt quality tube amps in general.

Currently i own an avatar vintage style cabinet with 2 12 inch speakers in it which are celestion vintage 30's , 60 watts each, wired 8 ohms.

It's a good cabinet but i do not think it is a good match for my amp. I listened to the tweaker cab which is a Celestion G12H-30 , that is a 30 watt speaker and it sounded more concise and concentrated. Being that this is for a bedroom. I beleive my problem is that 120 watts of guitar speakers is overkill for a 15 watt head. The sound is to dispersed and the sound load is not pushing those speakers very hard. They would be better suited for rocking a bar with a 50/100 watt head with the volume at least at medium.

I could get the tweaker cabinet. But i am open to more higher end options. The tweaker cab is butt ugly first off all , i would rather have a more polished, crafted looking cabinet. I am curious about speakers such as the celestion Alnico Blue and Greenbacks. I have heard Weber speakers are great to. I do not have the luxury of being able to sound test a ton of different cabs. Whatever guitar center has in stock is what i can try. That's why i am researching it first.

Thoughts and discussion on what the best single 12' inch speaker for this type of amp is, as well as premade speaker/cabinet combinations that are ready to go. Would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
acoustic mirror i thought that was an insult. I googled it just in case it was a speaker. I am looking at them now.
i had mine on a x patterned T75 V30 4x12" (only reason was because i had that cab sitting around unused. it sounded pretty good. i didn't mess with the cab selection that much, but it sounded pretty good. as the days passed with the tweaker i liked it less and less and traded it for a JCA50 (which i didn't like either) but got rid of that too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
it depends on taste, but these would be what i'd look at:

G12M-25
scumback
weber silver bell alnico
eminence 1228K
CTS squareback

i also like old ass alnico jensons that like like 15 or 25 watts or so. if you can get one of those then jump on it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
good suggestions gumbilicious , weber silver bell alnico in particular looks good. It also depends on what i can find a deal on. I have seen some outrageously priced cabinets where the cabinet itself ( which is glorified plywood) costs hundreds alone.
I'm curious, do you have an open or closed backed Avatar?

I'm a big fan of 2x12s and I play heavier music so prefer a closed back cab. Assuming you like something similar you might have a look at one V30 and one Greenback. Here are two good demo videos (good as in sound quality) so you can hear what this combination sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZyqI27vvFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KbS1NUaP6I
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
How long have you had the cab with the Vintage 30's? They can take two or three months (playing at a decent volume) to break in. Once they do, they sound A LOT better. Not nearly as fizzy or sharp.
Wattage has nothing to do with it, unless you want to sound like garage rock or Junior Kimbrough. Maybe V30s just aren't for you? As Strats&Cats said, speakers can take a long time to break in also.

Scumbacks are very good speakers, very high end. Worth a look.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
WGS

although i have lately been sold on the new eminence volume control speakers. they are like 180, but if you consider the total effect they are well worth it.

for example, i also play in my apartment. not only would they allow you to change the response without the need for massive changes in volume, but they would allow you to drive your tube amp harder at lower volumes.

that way i can still play quiet and still get the bottom end, response, dynamics, and harmonics you get when you begin to open up your amp.

in reality - if your playing quietly in an apartment you probably wont notice the full difference in a new speaker. thats why i like this idea. it will have a noticable and controlable effect at any volume.
So you're looking for a set of speakers that break up more easily? Definitely backing the Green/Scumback suggestions.

Eminence Black Mountains also have a paltry 30W power handling rating, with a very smooth overall sound before speaker distortion.
richardlpalmer i have a closed back v30 2x12 cab. I am getting used to the sound of it. I just noticed when playing the 1x12 egnater cab that it sounded a little tighter and crisper. Sorry for the late response i forgot to suscribe to this thread. I appreciate all the suggestions
find an old greenback. use it in an open back 112 cab.

maybe an emperor, i have one and love it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by changeling93305
acoustic mirror i thought that was an insult. I googled it just in case it was a speaker. I am looking at them now.

Avatar makes good cabs. Are you going to sell the cab or keep it and get different speakers or what?
i may just keep it. One thing i am experimenting is positioning. The speaker are to low to the ground. When it is set on a small cart it sounds better being 2 1/2 feet off the ground. i listened to a youtube speaker shootout video from rivera amps. That auditioned 15 popular speakers and to my earns i think the V30's were close to being the absolute best.

The hunt for tone is not completely over yet. I got new JJ tubes in today for the egnater head. And am looking to do a bridge pickup swap from a seymour to JB to something else. Possibly a classic 57 or Burstbucker from gibson. Everyone says those pups are overpriced, but i trust their sound. S. Duncan has so many different pickups it's hard to discern which is best
the hunt for tone will never be over, get that out of your head

lmao
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
WGS green beret is an awesome sounding speaker!!
Quote by changeling93305
richardlpalmer i have a closed back v30 2x12 cab. I am getting used to the sound of it. I just noticed when playing the 1x12 egnater cab that it sounded a little tighter and crisper. Sorry for the late response i forgot to suscribe to this thread. I appreciate all the suggestions

Not a problem. Did you happen to watch/listen to those videos?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
You know what I think would work quite well for a little amp like that?
A trapezoidal cab with a 12" speaker in the bottom (something Meaty like an Eminence Private Jack), and a bright 10" speaker like a 'mini greenback'. Nice balance of crispness and balls. You don't see many cabs like that, I think it'd be quite cool.

Personally I'd go for something like the WGS Green beret, or the Eminence GB128. Basically, towards the Greenback side of things.

The Eminence Reignmaker would be awesome, with the built-in FDM attenuator you could add a lot more power tube overdrive to your sound. It's pricey, but a good speaker by all accounts.
What country?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100