Evening all,

I'm building a 2x12 cab to use with my Blues Junior. I am going to get 2 different 8 ohm speakers, to run separately, in order to go for two different tones.

The two tones I want are:

1) Deep blues tone. I was thinking an eminence swamp thang, for SRV style rythym, robert cray cleans, and maybe a touch of metallica/metal low end. Just a good neutral speaker with deep bass potential.

2) Rock lead tone. Think Vai/Satch, with a fair bit of mid-range punch. I was looking at a Vintage 30. Just a good punchy lead speaker.

Any input for me? Thanks for reading!

Hawk.
i like the eminence cannabis rex as a good speaker for the blues jr. good bass, yet does not lose clarity.

dunno about rock lead speakers.

kings > jets
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i like the eminence cannabis rex as a good speaker for the blues jr. good bass, yet does not lose clarity.

dunno about rock lead speakers.

kings > jets

Evening good sir, a name I recognize finally lol.

I had looked at that one as well. Strikes me as a similar speaker to the Swamp Thang. I may give that one a try, since it gets MANY favourable reviews.

And HEY, after 15 years of not having a team, I have the right to be a rabid jets fan for a few years. I've been to a game already (we beat carolina) and I have tickets for when pheonix comes this week. THAT will be a good game.

Cheers mate!
ya, cannabis rex and swamp thang are similar speakers, but cannabis rex has a hemp cone. it's generally associated with blues/jazz sounds, while swamp thang is paired with metal sounds.

jets had a bad start to the season but they're coming back now doing better. phoenix had a terrible game against vancouver yesterday, and they been slipping after a good start of the season. i like jets logo tho.

but LA ftw
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
ya, cannabis rex and swamp thang are similar speakers, but cannabis rex has a hemp cone. it's generally associated with blues/jazz sounds, while swamp thang is paired with metal sounds.

jets had a bad start to the season but they're coming back now doing better. phoenix had a terrible game against vancouver yesterday, and they been slipping after a good start of the season. i like jets logo tho.

but LA ftw

Also the fact that I have moved to a larger cab should help the bass end a bit. I'll give that speaker a shot.

Byfuglien is ****ing amazing. What a guy. You have no idea what its been like for this city to not have an NHL team for that many years. I remember how sad it was when they left, and I was VERY young then.
Last edited by hawk5211 at Nov 27, 2011,
did u get the rex yet? just saw the subscription email today since i got back from japan yesterday.

and today's game. well, a game that LA struggled on offense again, and a lucky bounce from the mess in front of goal evander kane makes the win.

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hey, I missed this as well.

Yup, bought the Cannabis Rex. My local store even had one in, so i didn't have to wait for it to be ordered.

It sounds GODLY. So much bass in my cabinet (There is a link in my sig to my cab build, along with some sound samples). Thank you very much for convincing me of this one. It's fantastic!

We got raped by the Canadiens the other day. That hurt since a number of my friends are habs fans lol.

1,000 recorded posts as well lol.
Last edited by hawk5211 at Jan 5, 2012,
you should also check out some of the BillM mods.
the basic mod kit takes the "boxiness" right out of the BJ.
Q: What's worse than lobsters on your piano?
A: Crabs on your organ.