Would there be negative effects if I were to mix string brands as part of my guitar setup? I want to get the Not Even Slinkies (12-56) plus a lower string to use as a B-string for a seven string, and the only half suitable ones I could find on eBay was an EB 70 string and a D'Addario 59. I gather the 70 would be way too thick, but I really want the 12 for the 1st string and 56 for the 6th. I know there's a D'Addario set of 12-60, and I found a D'Addario 56 string that I could use for the 6th and push the 60 to the 7th string, am I better just to go with that?
are you really poor? i am sorry if you are, but if you aren't extremely poor then why not buy a set of all those strings and see which one works the best for your purposes?

i mean we're talking about maybe 20 or 30 dollars worth of strings at most and it's hard to believe we'll be able to guess what you're going to like.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 26, 2011,
If you're comfortable with a 12 for the high E then a 59 won't cut it for a low B, you'll need at least a 62 I reckon.

That being said... they're just strings, what do you think mixing brand is going to do?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.