Page 1 of 2
Saw this on Reddit. Was wondering how you guys would choose:

Really, all of the companionship options are pretty bad. I would have went with bro, but he took too many points so I reluctantly chose hipster. For hunting items, I chose the hatchet. Personal items I chose the iPod. And for perks I chose leave early. I would have chose the medical kit, but then I pictured myself thinking back on that decision 16 years later.
Fuck all those choices. Ima use all 24 points and get me a Lapras to get the hell off that island.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hipster
Hatchet
Ipod
Leave 4 years early

I have it made.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by spitonastranger
I'll take the 8 year old and the condoms. Keep the other points.
Literally laughed out loud.
hipster,hatchet,stationary, leave early,treasure

im good
althought if i could replace sationary with guitar with unlimited packs of strings id totally do it(maybe even hipster)
6 - Hipster - They are wild in bed, sometimes...
10 - 2 guns - I could teach the hipster to shoot correctly, weaver stance. Failing that, I'd use her bullets and let her cook.
0 - Football - Why the **** not.
8 -Shelter - NO CONDOMS, as a liberal, the hipster bitch should have no issues whatsoever with abortion.
Quote by Weaponized
Hipster
Gun
Weed
Treasure

Yes.

A gun and a bipolar hipster, this should go over nicely
Quote by due 07
Hipster
Old ass radio
Fishing equipment & knife
Medical kit
No snakes or spiders

This all the way.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by hawk5211
You might need a paper bag with that bro, just sayin...

I'm content sacrificing attractiveness for l33t survival skillz.
Hipster: good company, like the bro, but DTF so that's a win and she knows basic survival which would be helpful.

1 Rifle: in a hunting scenario a pistol would be almost useless because their less accurate and carry smaller bullets than a rifle thus making them less powerful. a rifle would be the best choice. you can always cut stuff with sharp rocks (if you find any) which is why i wouldn't pick the fishing stuff...plus i dont think i could eat only fish for that long.

Old Ass Radio: it would be super useful to keep in touch with the world in whatever way we could so we didn't go crazy.

Medical Kit: this one was tough...i was originally going to go for prebuilt shelter, but i think it's more important to have medicine, which you wouldn't be able to get, when you can build your own shelter.

Treasure: if i had more points to spend i would have chosen the map but since i didn't i'll settle for the treasure. might as well get something out of this once we leave
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Nov 27, 2011,
Quote by That Old Geezer
A gun and a bipolar hipster, this should go over nicely

Guns don't kill people. Derr
Alone, hatchet, weeds, leave early, and treasure.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Alone
Fishing equipment + knife
weed
medical kit
no spiders/snakes

this
cat
Ugly girl
Fishing/Knife
Medicine
Treasure

Girl is gunna look good eventually.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by The Madcap
I thought at least one person would choose the bro.

spend 20 years with a dude?
not for me

id rather have a hot hipster chick to bone
Hipster, Hatchet, Weed and Medical Kit.

EDIT: What's really ****ed up is that I wouldn't mind living like that at all I know how to catch fish with a spear (which would be easy to make since I have a hatchet). Throw in a surfboard and a guitar and this seems less like being stuck on an island and more like a fantasy.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 27, 2011,
Starting total: 24pts

Row 1:

Hipster

Will be useful for survival aid as well as companionship. I'm willing to bet that the bitchiness will go away sometime in the next 20 years. We'll learn the other survival skills as we go, or we'll die. Simple.

-6pts

Row 2:

Hatchet

Need to cut wood to make a shelter. Can fashion knives from stone and other materials, no need to worry about the intricacies of a rifle, parts being broken, misfires, missed shots, etc. that could lead to missing out on food.

-4pts

Row 3:

Unlimited Stationery

If I were not able to document our adventures, write music, write stories, or anything else, I would simply go mad. Mad, I tell you! I can create anything with a pen and paper, and with 20 years ahead of us, it'd be a hell of a story to read (with a [hopefully] good soundtrack, too). And she's an artist. There's unlimited stationery, so it'd be good for both of us.

-4pts

Perk 1:

Condoms

Let's be realistic, shall we? She's cute, and the last thing we need is a kid running around fucking things up. And there's no telling the state of that shelter, either.

-3pts

Perk 2:

Treasure

Well, we ARE getting off the island eventually if I have anything to say about it, and it'd be nice to not be dumped off into poverty. Plus, there's no upsetting the balance of the ecosystem, as would happen without spiders and snakes to keep insect and rodent populations in check.

-4pts

Ending total: 3pts
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Nov 27, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
I thought at least one person would choose the bro.

I would've picked the bro but he was too expensive.
cat
hipster - bangable

fishing equipment - you live on an island, fish are essentially unlimited. its easier to fish for food with good fishing gear than to try to hunt and stalk game with a gun. plus you will run out of ammo quick with the guns. miss a shot? well you cant eat any meat for 4 days now without ruining your ammo ration.

old ass radio - would be nice to have to listen to at night time and while doing monotonous tasks. almost picked weed, but 3 times a week isnt enough to make it worth it.

medical kit - you will cut and burn yourself eventually. could save someone from dying.

dog - i was between dog and treasure. treasure would be nice when you come back, but you could just sell the rights to your story for a screenplay, write a book, go on oprah and talk about how you survived, etc. a dog would increase the quality of life by giving you a loyal companion.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Bro, knives, football, medical kit.

Bro = if I can't get my wife, it'll be a guy friend (who I'm very close and trust with my life, so a few of my friends who have the same training as me.) Knives = Know enough about making shelters and sustaining life to get by with just a knife, there's one for each, good enough with it for basic self defense. Won't malfunction. Football = free fun. Medical kit = obvious.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by spitonastranger
I'll take the 8 year old and the condoms. Keep the other points.

The condoms are pointless.
hipster, hatchet, ipod, leave early, no snakes/spiders
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Loli - If there's noone around it's not illegal.
Hatchet - Can kill shit and cut down trees.
Weed - **** yea.
Condoms - Self-explanatory.
Hipster
Fishing stuff
Football
Shelter
Dog

Enjoy life with my dog and island wife until I die or something
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Page 1 of 2