I have an RG Series guitar and in the next month I would like to a better Ibanez because I am very satisfied with the feel of the one I have now. I was looking into getting an RG Prestige RG1451. But just recently I've been looking at some of their other guitar types like the S series, RGA Series and ART Series. And, I was wondering how much difference it would make if I got something from one of those? I play metal and rock. But, I like to be diverse and be able to get nice clean tones. I'm willing to spend up to 1000 dollars.

Basically though, I just want to know why I might want to go for a different type of Ibanez.

Thanks!!!!

-Calvin
the art series are pretty different sinc ethey are singe cutaway and most of them are solid bridge

the rga have a carved top

the s series have a really thin body made of mahogony

and the rg have the basswood body with the rg shape

that basically them in a nutshell
Quote by supersac
the art series are pretty different sinc ethey are singe cutaway and most of them are solid bridge

the rga have a carved top

the s series have a really thin body made of mahogony

and the rg have the basswood body with the rg shape

that basically them in a nutshell

+1.

I've got 2 Ibanezes. An RG-770 re-issue and an XPT-700. Both were good deals I couldn't pass up. I have them in different tunings. It might be cool to have an ART for psychobilly tone or something like that, but there's a lot of other stuff I'd buy first.

Maybe you're ready to get something with a Floyd-type trem now? That would be a great reason to get another RG.

Personally, the S series doesn't do much for me; but it's that's purely opinion--it just seems a bit dainty, but some folks swear by them.

They're hard to find, but you can get an RG made from mahagony--I forget the model. Might not be in their current line, though.

You might also want to check out Schecter or LTD. Maybe Fender, even. You could buy 2 Blacktops for your budget or one MIA. BTW, the Blacktops are the best MIM Fenders I've seen, and rival the MIAs in many ways.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Nov 27, 2011,
RGs are awesome, i own two of them at the moment but if i had the money i would buy hundreds of them. I reccomend you get the RG1451 just because its a prestige (made in japan), you cant go wrong with that but you might need to replace the pick ups later on.
rga's are mahogany body and curved top (lovely), usually stock active pups (pretty nasty). so if you get an rga, swap out the pups straight away!! they're really solid, comfy and well built, even the budget ones
s's are mahog, super thin, feel amazing for shreddy stuff, but personally i struggle to get a good clean tone or 'feel' for anything softer than dragonforce and slower than children of bodom. they take a little while to get used to, especially if the model has a middle single coil pup, but once you do there's much to be explored

also, you might want to look into jacksons and esp's. i've tried a few of each and decided they weren't for me but some players love them
Take a loot at this. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454911&highlight=ibanez+model+numbers

Also, S series have this mahogany bodies and a trem. The newer models have 24 frets.

The RGA series are archtop RGs.

I don't know a lot about the ART series.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
if you can get an MIJ prestige within your budget... basically don't consider anything else from ibanez unless it's also an MIJ prestige (well, ok, maybe a j-custom, but that's unlikely... and obviously the older pre-prestige MIJs were great, too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's just for christmas
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?