Hi guys,
So a while ago, I think about 7 weeks ago, I bought a Carvin ct6m. I absolutely love it to death, but I realised I hadn't posted any pictures of it yet.

There, that'll do.
Anyways, it's a really cool guitar, it's got a mahogany body and a quilt maple top of the highest quality they have at Carvin. It's got a coil tap, sperzel locking tuners, a Snagg anti theft chip. The cool thing about Carvin is that every guitar is a custom guitar; I bought mine from a music store (so they put it together) but I still really like it. The only 2 things that I MIGHT have done different are the fact that it has 22 frets and the fact that it has no tremelo. You can order one with 24 frets and a tremelo though ( once again, since I bought it when it was already made, I couldn't customise it ).

The guitar is absolutely great for everything I play - metal, vintage rock, jazz, blues, literally everything sounds great. It also probably has the best neck I have ever played.

I really really like it, and if it were stolen, I'd track the thief down with the snagg chip, beat him to death and if it were damaged, I'd order a new one right away.
So I got it from a store ( but it wasn't used before I bought it ) for €1500. That's a great price, as it easily competes with brands like PRS.

That's about it I guess, I did my best not to violate any forum rules, if I did, I'm sorry.

Hope you like it as much as I do!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Last edited by LordPino at Nov 27, 2011,
Yeah it takes a while until you love the finish, but I like it. It's not something you see every day, and tbh, the pictures don't really show how much time they put in the finish.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
HNGD!! I have the 24 fret version of that guitar with a floyd, and it's amazing. I know you'll love it. I hear a lot of people who complain about Carvin's pickups, but they're much better than the stock pups that came in my Gibson LP studio. I've had mine about 9 months now, and I really don't have any reason to change out the pups. They sound great no matter what I'm playing.

If you like it as much as I like mine, it probably won't be the last Carvin you buy.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Woffelz
The finish made me come. HNGD!

I know right? It's kind of unique but I like it, I think it looks quite metal but without all the silly spikes and what not.

Quote by jpatan
HNGD!! I have the 24 fret version of that guitar with a floyd, and it's amazing. I know you'll love it. I hear a lot of people who complain about Carvin's pickups, but they're much better than the stock pups that came in my Gibson LP studio. I've had mine about 9 months now, and I really don't have any reason to change out the pups. They sound great no matter what I'm playing.

If you like it as much as I like mine, it probably won't be the last Carvin you buy.

Thanks!
Yeah, I really really like Carvins now, really recommend them, if you can get your hands on one. The pups are just fine, I need a better amp though
But yeah, great stuff.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
does the top move at all like other thick cap guitars? I've always wondered that, cause their DTS makes some finishes look like photo-flames. It looks awesome man, congrats!
It's not often that you get such a fantastic flame or quilt on a guitar but you can pay Carvin extra for them to pick it out.

As to Carvin pups, they are quite good. I have the retro M22s in my DC127, the classics (C22) and an AP11 in my Bolt. My Harper guitar has the Holdsworth (H22). I really like 'em. The 22 pole pieces looks cool.

Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Congrats and happy NGD!

In your post, you mentioned that the music store "put it together", I'm assuming you mean they placed the custom order? If that's the case, you definitely overpaid for the guitar. Carvin is a custom shop that works directly with the customer, so for the store to make a profit (assuming they did custom order the guitar from Carvin), they had to charge you a decent amount more than you would have paid if you had just ordered it from Carvin yourself.

If I'm misunderstanding you ignore this post, but I'm curious to hear an explanation. Is this a used guitar? If so, the store probably had it traded in by someone.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
carvins are nice pieces of work! i traded a MIM jazz bass for a carvin that came through my local store

hoping to get me a carvin 8 string within a year

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by CustomAxe
Congrats and happy NGD!

In your post, you mentioned that the music store "put it together", I'm assuming you mean they placed the custom order? If that's the case, you definitely overpaid for the guitar. Carvin is a custom shop that works directly with the customer, so for the store to make a profit (assuming they did custom order the guitar from Carvin), they had to charge you a decent amount more than you would have paid if you had just ordered it from Carvin yourself.

If I'm misunderstanding you ignore this post, but I'm curious to hear an explanation. Is this a used guitar? If so, the store probably had it traded in by someone.

This is true.
However, the price thing is a little tricky. I bought it at 1500, so I paid more than what they paid for it at the time, but by the time I bought it, new ones were already 1500. New ones cost 2100 nowadays So yeah, I did pay more than what they paid for it, but they got a reaaally really good deal on it ( they also get a discount for ordering +- 5 at a time ) because the prices are going up. If I ordered it straight from Carvin now, I'd probably pay about 1700 in total, and they're 2100 in the store now.

So basically, we all got a good deal because the prices are going up.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
I personally love that finish, I've always wanted to play a Carvin as well. HNGD, that looks like an awesome time to play.

OldRocker: is the Harper the one on the far right of your photo?
Quote by LordPino
This is true.
However, the price thing is a little tricky. I bought it at 1500, so I paid more than what they paid for it at the time, but by the time I bought it, new ones were already 1500. New ones cost 2100 nowadays So yeah, I did pay more than what they paid for it, but they got a reaaally really good deal on it ( they also get a discount for ordering +- 5 at a time ) because the prices are going up. If I ordered it straight from Carvin now, I'd probably pay about 1700 in total, and they're 2100 in the store now.

So basically, we all got a good deal because the prices are going up.

Ah, I understand. Was it new when you bought it though, or was it used?
Quote by CustomAxe
Ah, I understand. Was it new when you bought it though, or was it used?

It was built, imported to Europe, sold to the owner of the guitar store and then sold to me. So used? I'm sure Carvin tested it, the person they sold it to tested it and the guitar store's owner tested it, but I'm the first one to actually 'own' it, I guess.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Quote by LordPino
It was built, imported to Europe, sold to the owner of the guitar store and then sold to me. So used? I'm sure Carvin tested it, the person they sold it to tested it and the guitar store's owner tested it, but I'm the first one to actually 'own' it, I guess.

Gotcha. The thing with Carvin is that their resale value is often terrible (one of the best things about Carvin, in my opinion!). If you decide you want another, take a look on Ebay or Guitar Center. I bought a completely maxed out ($2200 from Carvin) CT6 from Guitar Center for $499 a few years ago. Keep an eye out, there are lots of great deals on these fantastic guitars. Enjoy your CT6! If mine didn't have a floyd I never would have sold it!
Also, sent you a private message.