Edit: my fault not saying guitar's name. I talk about epiphone zakk wylde custom. I forgot cause it was already in thread name before I changed.

So i was making a research about getting a les Paul like guitar for cheap prices, and I saw that only zakk wylde fans get this guitar and change pickups with active emgs. Bu I think, this guitar can be pretty good with some different modificatios. So, changing pickups by dimarzio super distortion(b) and PAF* pro(n), and using tone pros/gotoh Tom bridge and locking tuners, as well as dunlop strap locks, you can get a really cool leas Paul with great tone and full setup. I assume guitar is like 900$, you can make this for 1200-1350$. Still 3500$ cheaper. Reason of the thread: I'd also like to hear your opinions and your ideas for getting a full setup les Paul like guitar for cheap prices.

Edit: damn I made so many mistake while writing, well I am using iPhone, it has a hard keyboard.
Last edited by cemges at Nov 27, 2011,
Which guitar are you talking about?

I wouldn't spend too much money on upgrading a cheap guitar.
For that money you can already have a nicer Les Paul Studio or maybe even a used Standard, just saying.
Tokai Love Rock.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
only zakk wylde fans get a les paul?
wtf is a pad pro. and why would you add a TOM bridge to a les paul, are you buying one with a trem?

there is just so much wrong with this.

buy an agile. rondomusic.net.

edit - screw the epi zakk wyldes. those are gross. like i said, buy an agile.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Last edited by TehFluffy at Nov 27, 2011,
Sorry for not forgetting to say name of guitar! I talk about zakk wylde's epiphone custom when saying only his fans buy it