Hi,

I hope the admins won't this is as inappropriate but I am looking for guitarists to join an online marketplace for custom made audio (not a competing forum).

I am an amateur musician myself and I have been looking for way to get a hold of short recordings of an instrument to fit existing songs, with minimum hustle and effort. Eventually I decided to build such an alternative myself and the result is www.theaudiomarket.com which is an online marketplace for buying and selling low cost and custom made audio recordings like guitars and other instruments.

I would love to get some feedback on the idea and the site itself. There is already one assignment requesting help with recording a guitar that pays a few bucks.

best regards

Bjorn
That's really awesome. I'm signing up.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Signed up.

This is a really amazing idea you've got here! I can't wait to help some people out!

I do think that you should allow sellers to upload audio files that exemplify their abilities though, to allow buyers to get a better idea of what they might expect.
Last edited by ChimeraAudio at Nov 27, 2011,
I do think that you should allow sellers to upload audio files that exemplify their abilities though, to allow buyers to get a better idea of what they might expect.

I don't think you can request specific artists yet so that would be pointless.

The buyer only has to pay if he likes what is sent.
Quote by Tune my fork

Well I'm not saying now. lol

But with the way the seller pages are setup, eventually the option to browse sellers will be available and when it is, I believe this would be a really great feature to implement.
Quote by ChimeraAudio
Signed up.

This is a really amazing idea you've got here! I can't wait to help some people out!

Hi,

it is a good idea. I will do that. Thanks for the feedback.
Quote by Tune my fork

"Tune my fork" is right about how the site works, but we have plans on adding functionality to browse sellers and the possibility to invite specific sellers for assignments. I have also noticed that some sellers like to leave a message on message board before they submit a recording and the buyer might find it interesting to look at the profile and listen to a sample of what the seller sounds like. We will see how it can be used in the future...