When I play on the high E string in solos, the low E string is out of reach and it's rings and ruins my Hi-Gain tone.
I usually mute the upper strings with my palm. I heard a lot of technique, mostly the "palm mute all the strings" technique which slows me down and alters the sound (as you palm muting).
Any suggestions? I can make photos from my hand if needed.
For E, A, D strings I usually palm mute, but for G, B, e strings I let the under side of my fingers just rest on top of them whilst playing.
Use your picking hand palm to mute strings below the one you're playing, and use the edge of your fretting hand forefinger (almost like a barre) to mute the strings above the one you're playing. Rusty Cooley swears by this method, and it certainly helps lesser beings such as myself!
I use thumb muting for lead playing exclusively now - brilliant for playing high gain and keeping everything clean.
Check out George Bellas right hand!!!
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I use a very similar technique, but my palm is out of reach of the E string sometimes. Maybe the bridge radius is not correct but it's unsettable. I have a Fat 10 bridge modified to handle thicker strings on my Ibanez GRX. Currently I have no money for a better guitar (but it's already planned, a handmade 7 string baritone guitar).
I use a very similar technique, but my palm is out of reach of the E string sometimes.

I'm playing on a seven string and I have normal size hands, yet I can comfortably get the low B. If you're not able to cover the low E comfortably you're doing it wrong. You might need to adjust your hand position or the way you hold the pick.