Page 1 of 2
Basically, I eat sugar all the time. In chocolate, treats, whatever. Excessive amounts of sugar basically. And I just can't stop it. I know I can, it's just I feel like I always go back to it when I try and stop.

Now, I'm healthy. I have a high metabolism, and I'm actually closer to being underweight than overweight. And I know that if I keep eating like this, it will eventually catch up to me.

But anyways, the question is... Can you be addicted to sugar?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Weaponized
You don't need to eat all that sugar, you're sweet enough already <3

Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by JAMBOIAN
Post photos of your demise you sad sad death arghh!

... What?
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by behind_you
Everything can potentially be addictive, bro.
This; it's called a psychological addiction.

Obviously, you don't need to cut sugar out of your diet completely; that being said, high amounts aren't exactly good for you. I'd advise just trying to think about what you eat; before eating sugar, think about how much you've already had that day, and if you think you've had too much, then just stop. Nothing drastic; a little bit of effort can go a long way.
Quote by herby190
This; it's called a psychological addiction.

Obviously, you don't need to cut sugar out of your diet completely; that being said, high amounts aren't exactly good for you. I'd advise just trying to think about what you eat; before eating sugar, think about how much you've already had that day, and if you think you've had too much, then just stop. Nothing drastic; a little bit of effort can go a long way.

I actually do do that. It's just when I'm at work, I'm hungry. And it's very hard to find something filling that doesn't have to be cooked/prepared. I'm at work so I have to be able to eat something that is just ready to eat.

I dunno. I just suck
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
get tested for Type 1 diabetes. cravings for sugar, ingesting large amounts of it, and still being of low weight are some of the warning signs.
seriously
just eat more sugar.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by skylerjames13
I dunno. I just suck
Nu-uh; just start bringing granola bars or something.
Last edited by herby190 at Nov 27, 2011,
A good way to get over a sugar addiction is to start drinking excessively.
Not exactly a frequent poster.
Quote by SomeBlueKind
get tested for Type 1 diabetes. cravings for sugar, ingesting large amounts of it, and still being of low weight are some of the warning signs.
seriously

Actually, I read a bit about it and I think I'm going to get tested. Thanks dude.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by herby190
Nu-uh; just start bring granola bars or something.

I guess I could do that. But I always buy the really chocolatey kind

I can always buy the healthier kind though.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
I eat so much unhealthy food and always drink Coke and eat sweets... I'm no where near over weight either
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Nov 27, 2011,
Being overweight isn't the only result of poor food choice; you could still be lacking in vitamins and nutrients and stuff.
Quote by maiden_man_666
I eat so much unhealthy food and always drink Coke and eat sweets... I'm no where near over weight either

My 15 year old brother eats constantly. And not healthy stuff either. Just everything. He weighs like 115 pounds, and is 5'10"

You are not the only one.

Oh and he is pretty muscular. I don't understand it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Sugar is actually physically addicting. I stopped/cut back a huge amount on sugar consumption earlier this year, got physical withdrawal symptoms/cravings etc. There's a book I read about it in a book which explains the whole thing quite a while ago, I think it has to do with the fructose in sugar from a very vague memory.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by Forkman
Sugar is actually physically addicting. I stopped/cut back a huge amount on sugar consumption earlier this year, got physical withdrawal symptoms/cravings etc. There's a book I read about it in a book which explains the whole thing quite a while ago, I think it has to do with the fructose in sugar from a very vague memory.

There can't be fructose "in" sugar. Fructose is a type of sugar. Semantics yes but important in a day and age where the agribusiness lobby has successfully lobbied the FDA to call high fructose corn syrup "Corn Sugar" and flatly lie that it's metabolized the same way in your body.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
There can't be fructose "in" sugar. Fructose is a type of sugar. Semantics yes but important in a day and age where the agribusiness lobby has successfully lobbied the FDA to call high fructose corn syrup "Corn Sugar" and flatly lie that it's metabolized the same way in your body.

You are probably right - I am incredibly fuzzy on the details. All I can remember is that fructose = bad, glucose = good but I've been on a bender all weekend and have no idea what I am talking about really.
Quote by Kozlic

No! Fructose bad, glucose bad, sugar bad! Every time you eat sugar your blood sugar levels spike then drop and you are on the insulin rollercoaster which will make you fat and mess with your health. If you are hungry don't eat sugar, flour products or even whole grains. Go primal or paleo and eat meat and vegies. You won't be hungry.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
^Um, Grain products are kind a part of the necessary food groups you know, right?
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by due 07
"Hai pit I'm addicted to sugar. Is it possible to be addicted to sugar?"

you sir are brilliant
^Well really, I was stating what I felt. I didn't know if I was addicted or not you see, and if it was even possible.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
It's possible.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Yeah, I see that now.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
I'm slightly addicted to soda, though not because of the caffeine. It's the carbonation
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I love the carbonation! It's so great!
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
I love the carbonation! It's so great!

I was introduced to Coca Cola at a very young age.

And Hooters
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I've never been to Hooters
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
I've never been to Hooters

I probably won't for a while seeing as the closest is 45 minutes away in Rhode Island and a Buffalo Wild Wings opened up not too far away
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
The closest Hooters to me burned down before I got a chance to go to it ;_:
Quote by Kozlic

Quote by skylerjames13
Actually, I dread a bit about it and I think I'm going to get tested. Thanks dude.

Well if you were diabetic there would be probably be a lot more warning signs that you'd be curious about.. although having a low weight despite a poor diet is one of them, its common for this to happen to people with fast metabolisms. but if you experience things like urinating very frequently, being constantly thirsty that doesn't go away with drinking liquids, dizziness / blurred vision / vertigo like symptoms esp. when you haven't eaten in awhile, feeling like your hands or legs are asleep when you havent been putting pressure on them, cuts and bruises that don't heal for long periods of time, extreme fatigure and weakness, or dry/itchy skin.

If you don't experience most of those things you should be in the clear, although its very unlikely you are, especially type 1 as suggested. 90% of diabetics are overweight which you said you were not, and of the 90% that are, are type 2 rather than type 1, which is managable through diet and exercise and does not require insulin. Even more likely though would be that you are pre-diabetic (which can be reversed), or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance), or hypogylcemia. I'm just telling you this because the testing involves fasting for half a day plus the process, and you have to drink glucose in water which is disgusting and makes you dizzy, so it sucks lol.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by girlgerms007
No! Fructose bad, glucose bad, sugar bad! Every time you eat sugar your blood sugar levels spike then drop and you are on the insulin rollercoaster which will make you fat and mess with your health. If you are hungry don't eat sugar, flour products or even whole grains. Go primal or paleo and eat meat and vegies. You won't be hungry.

Wrong
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Wiegenlied
Well if you were diabetic there would be probably be a lot more warning signs that you'd be curious about.. although having a low weight despite a poor diet is one of them, its common for this to happen to people with fast metabolisms. but if you experience things like urinating very frequently, being constantly thirsty that doesn't go away with drinking liquids, dizziness / blurred vision / vertigo like symptoms esp. when you haven't eaten in awhile, feeling like your hands or legs are asleep when you havent been putting pressure on them, cuts and bruises that don't heal for long periods of time, extreme fatigure and weakness, or dry/itchy skin.

If you don't experience most of those things you should be in the clear, although its very unlikely you are, especially type 1 as suggested. 90% of diabetics are overweight which you said you were not, and of the 90% that are, are type 2 rather than type 1, which is managable through diet and exercise and does not require insulin. Even more likely though would be that you are pre-diabetic (which can be reversed), or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance), or hypogylcemia. I'm just telling you this because the testing involves fasting for half a day plus the process, and you have to drink glucose in water which is disgusting and makes you dizzy, so it sucks lol.

Ah, well I have like none of that stuff. I only get fatigue very often, and even then I think it's just cause I always eat too much. Thanks a lot for the info though. Helps a lot.
I think even though I am 98% sure I'm in the clear, I'm still gonna get tested. Never hurts to be safe.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by girlgerms007

What the **** I'd love to see this explained

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2