Poll: Would you try to convince your wife to get an abortion if you found out the child wou
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you try to convince your wife to get an abortion if you found out the child wou
Yes
254 76%
No
81 24%
Voters: 335.
Page 1 of 9
I was with my cousin with Downs Syndrome over Thanksgiving, and I honestly don't think I would be able to raise a child like that.

This got me to thinking, if your wife/significant other had a screening that revealed their fetus had Downs, would you choose to terminate the pregnancy (abort)? I thought I was terrible for thinking I would, but I found a stat that said ~80% of mother chose to abort, so I felt better.

Would you try to convince your wife to get an abortion if you found out the child would have Downs Syndrome?
I have a few mentally ill relatives, and I think that I would probably go for the abortion. I just couldn't handle that.
I think about this a lot. I feel like a eugenicist for the answer I'd give.

Oh, well. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Last edited by due 07 at Nov 27, 2011,
Doesn't matter, whatever decision it is is going to make me feel like a dick.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
yah **** retards
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My children will be the best things on this planet. I'm not letting a mental/physical handicap hold them back even if it means getting an abortion.
I wouldn't be able to handle a child like that for the following reasons:
1. I'd always be angry at the fact that my child was ill.
2. I'd be angry at the fact that I got the ill child.
3. The child would have to live their whole life ill.

They might sound like awful reasons but I honestly don't think I could cope.
It would make me such a dick. I would get all pissy at life in general. I would become selfconscious and have to find ways to compensate. Ultimately, I think i'd want to abort.
My sig? Nice.
Through school I was always a kind of unofficial helper with special ed kids. That said, I don't think I could handle it if I had to be their primary caretaker.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
As a retarded child, all you symmetrical-faced cunts can **** right off.
you've gone and knocked up a girl with a down syndrome baby, haven't you?

i'd say yes probably, because it seems like it would be way too much for me to handle a child like that, since i can barely imagine being able to handle raising a normal child.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'd go for the abortion:

1. In general, I feel terrible for people who are disabled because I feel like a large part of life has been taken away from them, I couldn't handle that from my kid.
2. I couldn't physically handle the attention that it would require, honestly I think I'd go insane.
3. I couldn't handle the emotional side of seeing my kid unhappy, in pain etc constantly.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by behind_you
Not planning on having kids so I don't know what choice I would make.

Yeah cause life always go exactly as planed.
Quote by Dirge Humani
These are things I don't like to think about.

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Personally i would have to say no but it guess i could depend on what kinda position your in.
I don't know. I can't imagine it accurately enough to get even a decent picture, but I think I lean towards not aborting.
Not directly related but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kVBNiLqJlw

I watched that the other day, just out of boredom. Documentary about the aftermath of nuclear testing, and whether people who are seriously disabled because of radiation should be able to reproduce or not. Real eye opener.

But OT, I honestly couldn't decide...but I think put on the spot in that situation I'd at least put my foot forward for the abortion. The significant other's word would seal it though. I wouldn't abandon them if she wanted to keep it.
Quote by genghisgandhi
[life doesn't always go exactly as planned]

I know that

¬_¬
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Nov 27, 2011,
While it would be extremely difficult to deal with, I don't approve of abortion, maybe if it was life threatening to the mother, but that's just about it. That baby's coming out.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Would you try to convince your wife to get an abortion if you found out the child wou

I hope to god my kids don't wou.
Quote by DarkTom666
Yes.

Not only for us (the parents), but for the child.

Yeah, the child will thank you when it gets ol- OH WAIT
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I would
but my parents would disown me
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Hell yeah I would. Obviously if the child is born with a mental disability you have to deal with it then, but if it's early in her term then for sure I'd want a kid who can go get an education, have friends, pick up hobbies, etc.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
While it would be extremely difficult to deal with, I don't approve of abortion, maybe if it was life threatening to the mother, but that's just about it. That baby's coming out.

Yup.
Quote by Burgery

The child never was.
Quote by Burgery

Reckon he/she would thank you when they're trapped in a chair, being fed through a tube and communicating through a computer?

Giving a kid life, isn't the same as giving a kid a life.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
If i knew someone would willingly adopt my retarded baby, then id say just have it and well shit, better luck next time, darling.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Nov 27, 2011,
Quote by guitarmaniac88

What if she goes behind your back and exercises her rights gets an abortion?
Quote by Acϵ♠
If i knew someone would willingly adopt my retarded baby, then id say just have it and well shit, better luck next time, darling.

but would if the next baby was retarded?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
but would if the next baby was retarded?

Then i would surgically remove my wife's ovaries because clearly the problem is not me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Then i would surgically remove my wife's ovaries because clearly the problem is not me.

I feel horrible but goddamn did I laugh at that.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
If my kid was mentally retarded he wouldn't be able to become the Leafs #1 centre. He might land the head coaching job though, so maybe..
Quote by jambi_mantra
Reckon he/she would thank you when they're trapped in a chair, being fed through a tube and communicating through a computer?

Giving a kid life, isn't the same as giving a kid a life.

I thought we were talking about Down Syndrome, not vegetables.

OT: I would suggest abort, but I don't plan on having many kids if any. My mother worked at a home for the mentally challenged when I was a child, from what I remember alot of them were really sweet people but it just makes me sad to think about how their lives are lived. I couldn't handle that if that was my child.
In my heart I'm with you

every night