So today I returned my RG7620. Despite it being a very nice guitar, I didn't want to deal with a floating trem, plus I realized I wanted to be able to downtune. I live near Boston, MA, and I'm open to buying used. I play progressive death metal, melodeath, and "djent".
So, my requirements are:
No more than $650
Thin neck, fairly similar to an Ibanez. Anything between Ibanez and Schecter thickness is fine.
Hardtail, preferably with a Tune O Matic or a Hipshot style hardtail.
Small/no neck heel
24 frets

Preferences:
Not black, or if it is black with a layer of binding on the body. Trans black is fine.
Decent stock pickups. Don't entirely care if it's active or passive.
Ebony or Maple F/B, but rosewood is OK too if it's decent.
Longer scale length - 26.5" - 27" is best.

On my list at the moment are:
Agile Septor Pro 727 Trans Black
LTD H-1007 (used) or similar
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Aesthetically, the C7 blackjack seem to please. Iirc, it has white binding, but don't quote me. It comes with the 59/Jazz set or something (once again, dont quote me :P). You'll definitely need a new set of pickups to djent though. You should be able to find one used in your price.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The C7 Blackjack... Hm. I think I played one and didn't like it for the poor upper fret access. Schecter reshaped their neck heels quite a bit and are smoother than they used to be.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hate to be a "that guy" here, but Agile would be a good bet, especially if your somewhat near NH where they sell them from(?).

Maybe some kind of LTD Stephen Carpenter sig? You have the choice of a 25.5" or a 27" baritone scale.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Nov 27, 2011,
I haven't been able to find one and I haven't been on SS.org for long enough to be allowed to trade. I'd love a 7621, though. But at this point, I'm really thinking a longer scale is what I want. I really dug the 26.5" scale Schecter I played today, it held tension quite nicely with fairly light strings (I think it was a 10-59 set).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Makes sense. The 7 string I'm planning is going to be a multi-scale with a 26.5"-25" fan.

I normally don't suggest Schecters because I hate their necks, although I did play a (I think) Damien Elite 7 string and the neck actually felt pretty good.
Yeah, it was the Damien Elite I played, actually...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, it was the Damien Elite I played, actually...

How'd you find the neck? I thought they're known for the horrible neck heels?

Quote by oneblackened
The C7 Blackjack... Hm. I think I played one and didn't like it for the poor upper fret access. Schecter reshaped their neck heels quite a bit and are smoother than they used to be.

Really? I thought they were designed for upper fret access.
But whatever floats your boat man.

Try look for a RG7421XL, I think they're more rare to find than its counterparts, but It comes with a 27" neck IIRC. Don't quite me though. :P
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The neck itself was nice, the heel is awful.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden