This has been done before no doubt, but I used the search bar and nothing and maybe the Pit ain't the right place but still.
But what songs and albums generally stand out for you in your childhood? That shaped the way for your music taste, I don't know, first song that inspired you to play guitar etc and what you were listening when younger. I'm thinking up to 10 years old, 12 at a push if you want.

I was listening to Bat out of hell (Meat Loaf), LA woman (The Doors), Ace of spades (Motorhead) and various other rock like Disturbed, Alice Cooper, Oasis and hip hop/rap like NWA, D12 and then Eminems "The Eminem Show"

Oh nostalgia

So what about you?
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
that cheesy 90's 'hey now, you're a rockstar' song.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
that cheesy 90's 'hey now, you're a rockstar' song.

"Get the show on, get paid"

Yours Sincerely
Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler

<3
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
ummm donkey kong country 2 soundtrack, system of a down, blink 182, mmm proyecto uno, ilegales, gaita zuliana, etc

I still listen to it. Just a very catchy and funny album.

Also, tons of Green Day, which I still listen to.

And Queens greatest hits CD.

Edit: V Yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 27, 2011,
When me and my dad would go on road trips we would listen to the queens greatest hits cd...
InMe
Linkin Park
Sum 41
Blink 182.
Anything by those.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I had weird taste in music for a kid. I listened to a lot of Limp Bizkit and TLC, but my dad played me some Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd one day and I went on a Floyd stint for about 2 years. Then a friend gave me a whole bunch of Chili Peppers and I started listening to stuff on my own, which is how I'm more into stuff like Muse, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes these days.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Nov 27, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
Two big ones:

That album still rocks.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by due 07
Hey, I made this thread last night. -_-

This thread isn't even getting sidetracked by Kenan and Kel, wtf is up with that?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Gorillaz, Gorillaz, mother****ing Gorillaz.

Still my favourite band ever.
Hit harder than you dare.
Quote by lushacrous
This thread isn't even getting sidetracked by Kenan and Kel, wtf is up with that?

Kenan and Kel was the shit.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Kenan and Kel was the shit.

There was like a 5 hour marathon of it on last night, and I was bragging about how good my life was, and element just entered the thread and talked shit about the show. Worst Pit experience in recent memory.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
and element just entered the thread and talked shit about the show. Worst Pit experience in recent memory.

I always found them more funny on All That, anyways.
Quote by lushacrous
There was like a 5 hour marathon of it on last night, and I was bragging about how good my life was, and element just entered the thread and talked shit about the show. Worst Pit experience in recent memory.

pft, how can you talk shit about Kenan and Kel? That show was awesome.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by lushacrous
You can't handle the truth. Etc.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown

I don't care what you pit monkey think, I still have this on my iPod.
Quote by due 07
Hey, I made this thread last night. -_-

Sorry I searched all UG and found nothing

Yours Sincerely
My dad played the hell out of The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Robert Cray, ZZ Top. When I think of my early childhood, those bands are always the first that come to mind.
Christmas with the california rasins
I Hate My Guitar,My Guitar Hates Me.....
We Like I That Way.

Quote by meh!
...so?

in your own words.

it's not rape, it's surprise sex!
Fine, w/e, I'll post what I did last night. Ages 10-12

Green Day - American Idiot (5th grade, I think. Maybe 6th)

The first album I ever bought. I heard the title track on Madden 2005 and bought the record the next November. I fucked wit dis shit. Being 10-11, I thought to myself, "Whoa, they swear. That's so cool!" I listened to it way too much and came out thinking FUX THA SYSTEM. Still don't mind it, though. >_>

Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (7th grade)

I'd graduated to Sex Pistols. "Awww yea, now I'm a tr00 punx." The cover was this color, not the yellow one. I was kinda bummed about that. They were the only ultra-entry level punk band I ever really got into (unless GD counts, but meh), but I don't really care for this album too much anymore. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (8th grade)

Morning Glory was one of the first albums I checked out after I discovered the joys of internet piracy. I owe a lot to this one; the first band I was in may as well have been an Oasis cover band. I still think it's a fairly solid pop rock album. As a matter of fact, I might go listen to it now for olde tyme's sake.
Quote by due 07
Fine, w/e, I'll post what I did last night. Ages 10-12

You seem upset.

Green Day - American Idiot (5th grade, I think. Maybe 6th)

[IMhttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518vUjTWNNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The first album I ever bought. I heard the title track on Madden 2005 and bought the record the next November. I fucked wit dis shit. Being 10-11, I thought to myself, "Whoa, they swear. That's so cool!" I listened to it way too much and came out thinking FUX THA SYSTEM. Still don't mind it, though. >_>

Why wouldn't you? That album kicks ass!
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 27, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
You seem upset.

I'm mad as hell.

Quote by WCPhils
Why wouldn't you? That album kicks ass!

Well... it's like... not... hip to like it.
Quote by due 07

Well... it's like... not... hip to like it.

Didn't you hear. It became so unhip it is now hip again.
___

Quote by The_Blode