Well, my amp head kind of... died. It's in the shop right now, and since it's an older amp I thought that it may be a good idea to eventually look into a better, newer high gain head. So I'm looking for something that's preferably less than $800, tube head that can do lots of distorted chugga-chugga type sounds, but also can sound good with lower gain settings too. Any reccomendations? Cab i'm using is a Crate BV412
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
^+1
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
All the Peaveys that guy said, a Mark IV if you get lucky enough to find one used for less then 800. Carvin also makes some nice amps for that price.
It pushes the budget a bit, but a few months ago, I plugged into a Bogner Brixton (from their custom shop international series) and was amazed! I don't usually need a whole lot of gain on tap, but this thing screamed! It had loads of personality as well. Plug and play type amp with only a couple nobs on it. Variable power modes.

I don't remember the prices they're going for but Egnater just came out with some higher gain amps you might look into. They're pretty sweet no matter what you're going for.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
All the Peaveys that guy said, a Mark IV if you get lucky enough to find one used for less then 800. Carvin also makes some nice amps for that price.

Let me know when you find a Mk IV for 800, I'll suck your dick for it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Used 5150/6505, Ultra/XXX/JSX.

Fix that Blue Voodoo. They are a nice amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The obvious answer is to buy a newer model blue voodoo (assuming yours is an older make)
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Jet City JCA100h/50h. Great for metal but can do everything else as well, and has excellent cleans, as opposed to a 5150/6505. It's also $700 new. Clips: Death Metal,
Clean

You could also have a look at a Carvin V3. All tube, USA made, 3 channels, and modern voicing, for exactly $800. You have to order factory direct, though.
Quote by dementiacaptain
The obvious answer is to buy a newer model blue voodoo (assuming yours is an older make)

My blue voodoo's a 2005 model. She's in the shop right now, hoping it can be saved.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
My blue voodoo's a 2005 model. She's in the shop right now, hoping it can be saved.

Oh oops I kinda assumed it would be an older one.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Well, it's old-ish. 6 years anyway haha. Bought it used.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT