Allow me to clarify: as any writer knows, there's a certain time of day when one writes his or her best. Most serious writers will say they write the best between so and so hours. For me, it's usually past midnight until 3am. I can zone into my work and crank stuff out. There may be certain places, too, that just allow you to relax and concentrate. For me, it's laying on the couch with a laptop at 1am. I can tune out everything and simply write nonstop for a few hours.

Now how about your guitar playing? Do you have a certain time of day when you are so inspired to write music or play your instrument? Something about 4am to 6am with me. Especially if I have been up all night. For whatever reason, I just get in the zone and can shred or do scales up and down for an hour. Maybe I'll be in the mood for something softer but whatever the case is, early morning guitar playing is when I'm at my best. My fingers move like they're supposed to and I'm very hungry to learn new songs at that hour. Can't say I'm inspired in the afternoons or early evenings.

What say you?
Post-masturbation.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I work night shift, and on my days off I've learned its from 1 am to about 3 or 4 am.

Oh yeah, that's when I'm at work :[
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Early afternoon. Get done with classes at noon, settle in and take care of important stuff, then just chill playing some blues or whatever it may be.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Quote by the spiker
Something about 4am to 6am with me. Especially if I have been up all night. For whatever reason, I just get in the zone and can shred or do scales up and down for an hour.

you're probably just too tired to realize that your playing isn't as good as you think it is.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
you're probably just too tired to realize that your playing isn't as good as you think it is.

Could be!
Quote by theogonia777

Well, there's always room for improvement, but anytime you're playing you should be getting better overall.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
There are times people are able to focus more, like for me on days I dont have afternoon classes I can totally zone into my playing after eating lunch.
Nice to see it's not just me who feels their most creative and inspired when they should be going bed.
Quote by the spiker
Could be!

but on a more serious note, one thing to be careful of when playing late at night is that if you are playing on very low volumes (to the point of being barely audible), your playing can sound much cleaner than it really is, since it's too quiet to hear mistakes.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm not too good on guitar, but on clarinet, I feel that I perform better in the morning when I'm tired. I was practicing some solo when I discovered this. However, I got the same response from my clarinet teacher that theogonia777 gave about not noticing mistakes, so I don't know if it's true. I just know I feel more calm, relaxed, and laid back, which makes me less prone to mistakes due to nerves. Which is a huge issue for me when performing for an audience or judge.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by theogonia777
but on a more serious note, one thing to be careful of when playing late at night is that if you are playing on very low volumes (to the point of being barely audible), your playing can sound much cleaner than it really is, since it's too quiet to hear mistakes.

I have a crappy amp though so it just sounds shite on low settings, which is why i cant play at night...
~10pm and after.

Late night. My brain gets all wired, and I get uber creative, because everything sounds good when I'm delirious.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I always play my best when I haven't actually got the time to play. Usually at the same time I'm most set to learn new things too.
Quote by theogonia777

That's happens to me all the time. I think I'm doing so great, then I turn it up the next day and it's so disappointing.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'd agree with most. I get my sparks generally up late. I think it has to do with the fact that you're mind is far less occupied with daily activities and it just wants to feel the strings.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
i always wake up with some cool song ideas. i have weird sleep.. i cant explain it. i can sleep for 15 hours and feel poorly rested. i lucidly dream often. i think while im sleeping. i usually think about song ideas while i sleep, its weird, il wake u with an idea, hear it in my head fall back asleep while pondering on it. so to answer your question, when i first wake up i am super creative, and late at night i usually smoke weed and play guitar and come up with stuff...hmmm maybe im still high when i wake up hahahaha i solved my own mystery!
2 A.M. and later, sometimes I lose track of time because of it and end up staying up till 6 because I don't start getting tired until 5:30 usually.
37N
Any time. I feel no guilt.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by Trowzaa
Post-masturbation.

Actually, this.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
Actually, this.

if you were famous you would only play as well as the number of bitches that you ****ed before your gig. thats not too bad, the more popular you get, word gets out there that you play better after a good orgasm or two, tons of bitches want to hear good music, no problems here officer.
I don't really play bass anymore but I'm most creative from around midnight to 3AM
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Uh, the only time I have to play...

Evenings. After I've winded down from work.

Even while at work I'm composing stuff in my head. If I get something good I will tab it out in a notepad app on my phone. But the main issue is I don't have a way to describe rhythms via tab on a basic notepad app. So lots of times I'll get home, play the riff or whatever but it won't feel the same.

Another great time to play is right after seeing your favorite bands play live. Don't play their songs if you know them. But feel their vibe and influence. Then play.