Hello everyone!
I'm soon going to USA, and I've sold all of my guitars to buy something very special there
I've come to a choice of two EBMM:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Music-Man-John-Petrucci-6-Electric-Guitar-515568-i1148785.gc in Pearl Red Burst
and
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Music-Man-Luke-Signature-Model-Electric-Guitar-101087153-i1148744.gc in Luke Blue

I want a versatile guitar (cause I've sold three guitars and don't have any), so it can handle both country and metal, and I want the guitar to be easy to play and setup. It should be also durable.
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Both have exceptional build quality. The biggest differences are;
JP6-
Full floating trem
24 frets
2 humbuckers
Basswood body

Luke-
22 frets
HSS with EMG's
Alder body

The Luke also has a thicker neck, with a soft V to it, which is quite different to the fairly flat backed neck of the JP6.
Despite the EMG's, the Luke is more versatile than the JP, definitely capable of getting good metal tones. The JP will be better than the Luke at metal, but not as versatile overall.

Feel-wise, the JP is great if you like shreddy guitars. If you're more of a Strat or Les Paul player, the Luke will feel better I'd say.

Either way, both are versatile, quality guitars.
Thanks, I hope I will be able to play both guitars while visiting NYC, and will choose the guitar myself. I stick to the Luke, cause I like single coils and I love the looks, and I don't really need a floating trem. On the other hand, JP6 has bigger frets and basswood body, and it also has an nice unusual color

Two more questions:
1. Will the prices on guitars rise by Christmas?
2. Do I have to pay additional taxes in NYC? ie the website says the guitar costs 1575$, and I'm going to buy the guitar in the store, so I'll have to pay more for it? (sorry for possible grammar mistakes)
Misha

Whatever it is you want your guitar to do, the JP6 will get it done and give you a blowjob while it does it. One of the best instruments ever made imo.

EDITL: negotiating protip: if you're paying cash, bring a certain amount with. say in the store the guitar is 1399. Bring 1350-1400 and say you'll pay cash on the spot for that price, tax in.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Nov 28, 2011,
1. Probably not. If anything they'll drop.
2. Yes, sales tax. 8.875% of purchase for state and city sales tax.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

2. Yes, sales tax. 8.875% of purchase for state and city sales tax.

OH F@&K THAT MUCH!!!
that much? here in ontario it's ****ing 13%
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sorry, I just cant get it.. Does the price on the website include tax? And if I order the guitar online, I have to pay taxes anyway?
Misha

The JP is quite versatile with Piezo and coil tap, more than the Luke with EMGs but keep in mind that the wood is basswood and the neck is VERY thin. You need to get used to it. What kind of music do you play? And what's your amp?
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Quote by omidmash
The JP is quite versatile with Piezo and coil tap, more than the Luke with EMGs but keep in mind that the wood is basswood and the neck is VERY thin. You need to get used to it. What kind of music do you play? And what's your amp?

The version of JP6 Im going to buy has no piezo, but I like thin necks, I had one on my MIJ Ibanez.
I play everything, from russian children songs to prog metal riffs.
And my amp is a crappy amp, you know... It's not a line6 spider, but it's a VOX AC4TV, vintage cheap amp
Misha

Well I cant open up the link, so I'd say go with the cheaper one (I assume it's the luke) and upgrade your amp.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
They cost the same
But with that tax I guess I'll stick to the Silhouette!
Misha

Quote by Acϵ♠
that much? here in ontario it's ****ing 13%

Still better than paying 2x the US RRP of musical gear in Australia.

I'd recommend the JP6 over the in a heart beat. I find the crunchlab/liquifire set more versatile then a set of EMGs..
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
the sales tax on a $1400 dollar sale in NYC would be $124.25

I say go for the JP6, and if versatilitity is such a big issue, save up more and get one with piezo's.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.