Is there a place I can look to see the value of equipment?
Like a "blue boopk" but for guitars? It would be nice to have in case I'm ever on craigslist or ebay and am looking for deals.

Alternatively, does anyone know what a good price for a Mesa Boogie Mark IV combo used is? I'm getting one and want to know what the least amount I could get one for is.

thanks...
Quote by zilant
Is there a place I can look to see the value of equipment?
Like a "blue boopk" but for guitars? It would be nice to have in case I'm ever on craigslist or ebay and am looking for deals.

Alternatively, does anyone know what a good price for a Mesa Boogie Mark IV combo used is? I'm getting one and want to know what the least amount I could get one for is.

thanks...

Just lurk the bay and CL for awhile, you will get a feel for the price of things.

I just did an ebay search and got one for 1600 to buy right now, but their are a few in auction around 800 right now.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
there is actually a "blue book" for guitars. its figures are way the hell of though last time i checked. it is useless because the market is always changing and is different in different areas.

just watch cl maybe compare to forum classifieds or ebay.

just watch, if you have a smart phone, get a CL AP. i have an android and i really like the ap craigsnotificatia or something like that. you put your search and it just eternally searches and updates for you and your phone vibrates or whatever and shows you that there is something on the market that fits your search criteria. i have like 20 or so searches active on mine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I saw a guy on craigslist that was selling 1200 OBO. Think if I drive out (it would be about an hour or so from where I am) and meet with him he would let it go for a 1000 flat?

EDIT: I don't have a smart phone. It sounds useful though.
Last edited by zilant at Nov 28, 2011,
Only way to know is to ask him. I've seen Mark IV combos go as low as $949 on my CL and it sat there for 2 months.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by zilant
I saw a guy on craigslist that was selling 1200 OBO. Think if I drive out (it would be about an hour or so from where I am) and meet with him he would let it go for a 1000 flat?

how are any of us going to know? we haven't talked to him, we dont know how many calls he is getting on it, how soon he wants to sell it. if he is desperate for cash then he will go lower.

when i list things, its not ever because i need the money, so i just keep it up there until i get what i want. i really dont budge as far as price goes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
guide books tend to be kinda useless and will most likely list the high price so wouldn't help you know if it was a deal or not. as mentioned check finished auctions on ebay this will give you an actual average of prices people paid as opposed to asking prices.

as for the craigslist guy, dude money talks.
That all of craigslist site was great. I took all the prices for Mark IV combos and just avreged them. I got $1075. I think I can go down to 1k.

Thanks!