So its about half-way through college app season and i'm curious as to where the rest of UG is planning on applying/attending.

Post the schools you're applying to and whatever major you intend on applying to.

Got questions about apps, essays, etc? post them here.

My number 1 is USC and im planning on going in for electrical engineering.
Followed by, in this order
UCLA
UCB
Columbia
UCSB
Johns Hopkins
Rice
Carnegie Mellon
UCSB
Last edited by ticktockboom at Nov 28, 2011,
10 schools:
Stanford
USC
Caltech
Cal Poly San Louis Obispo
Yale
UCSD
UCLA
UC Berkeley
UC Irvine
Chapman

Gonna major in computer science. If I go to either UC Irvine or USC, I plan on majoring in computer science with an emphasis in game development. Kinda leaning towards those two schools, 'cause that'd be sweet.
I applied to GCU which is a private christian university in Arizona. They don't jack the price up for out of state students (or in my case, people with expired Visas >.>. It's still pretty expensive though.
Already in, almost done. Never will I have to jump hoops for this bullshit ever again.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Same school, different season.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
LOL @ highschoolers who think an expensive undergraduate degree will get them farther in life
The future is no place to place your better days
Quote by snausages
Four schools for music education:
UBC
UVIC
McGill
U of Toronto.

Don't know how I'm going to afford any of them, but ehh.

If you can't afford it, start out at community college. You'll take the same classes there that you would at a full 4 year institute.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by flecktowned
LOL @ highschoolers who think an expensive undergraduate degree will get them farther in life

This. I dropped out of 4 year and ended up doing my two year and becoming a helicopter pilot instead. And you know what? I'm happier and I'm going to make more money than most of my friends who did 4 year degrees.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by carlyroxmysox
If you can't afford it, start out at community college. You'll take the same classes there that you would at a full 4 year institute.

Right, I know one of the colleges offer a B.A. program like that. I'll look into it, thanks.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Already in, almost done. Never will I have to jump hoops for this bullshit ever again.

Same, except I have to jump through hoops next year applying for grad school. In about 6 years you guys will be calling me Dr. rjdusa. (Plan on getting my Ph.D in Chemistry with an emphasis on medicinal chemistry).
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Quote by flecktowned

Not everybody wants to go to university for "success" and "good jobs". To me it's all about education and the experience. And yes, this is pretty clichéd.

I'm only fifteen so I shouldn't be here. But I do put thought into this all the time.
Applied at University of Illinois and UTC a couple weeks ago. Still waiting for the results. BU was my top choice before, but dat shit expensive mayne
USC
UCSD
San Luis Obispo and UCLA
UCB
SDSU

SDSU is my last resort. And UCB is last for UC schools...both my uncle and my dad say that people from UCB are "weird." Lol. So I'm just gonna keep that as a last resort even though it's a pretty elite school. And I plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Alternate major would be computer engineering. I would love to learn how to make guitars or design bodies but I don't think the salary would support me :/ I wanna do what I love but not if the job can't support me financially of course :P
Quote by tacobellman2007
USC
UCSD
San Luis Obispo and UCLA
UCB
SDSU

SDSU is my last resort. And UCB is last for UC schools...both my uncle and my dad say that people from UCB are "weird." Lol. So I'm just gonna keep that as a last resort even though it's a pretty elite school. And I plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Alternate major would be computer engineering. I would love to learn how to make guitars or design bodies but I don't think the salary would support me :/ I wanna do what I love but not if the job can't support me financially of course :P

I want to do Electrical so i can design audio equipment, I mean it might not support me but hell i can get a job and learn to build amps and things on the side.

Colleges have woodshops and things like that and im sure there are electives you could take. You can learn to do woodworking crap on the side without it getting in the way of your education or your job. I doubt any of the people on UG who make their own guitars do it for a living.
Last edited by ticktockboom at Nov 28, 2011,
Quote by flecktowned

It generally does.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
The **** dev, I thought you was Australian (or Kiwi, which would mean you wish you were Australian and therefore would apply to Australian Universities.)
Quote by AgainstYou
The **** dev, I thought you was Australian (or Kiwi, which would mean you wish you were Australian and therefore would apply to Australian Universities.)

I am a Kiwi brah. I got accepted into the NZ School of Music (Jazz) which is part of Massey University.