I don't know if the title makes any sense at all! Anyways.

Christmas is coming up, and I'm getting a new guitar! I'm really getting into the Country music scene! Which guitar would you guys recommend for that? I'll be playing other things then country, but thats the main thing really.

My budget is 250. Maybe 300 pounds. And it doesnt have to be electric-acoustic!
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
You should be able to find a solid, playable dreadnought in that range. Check out some of the Yamaha models.
Quote by Bikewer
You should be able to find a solid, playable dreadnought in that range. Check out some of the Yamaha models.

Cheers! FG730s?
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
I have the FG700S And honestly couldn't be happier for a sub-$400 acoustic. I played the FG730S too, it came down to personal preference, so be sure to try both out.
I have an FG730S, and I love it. It plays great, and it sounds pretty damn good. In fact, it sounds much better than the similarly priced Fenders and Epiphones that I've tried. Chords are bright and rather well-balanced, and it sounds sweet when "overdriven". The neck has a satin finish that reminds me of some pool cues I've used, that is to say that skin doesn't really get hung up on it when moving quickly.

I'd recommend one to anybody.

Oh, for what it's worth. Since you're looking for a "country" guitar, I've heard that Yamaha acoustics have been held in high regard by Bluegrass players for a long time.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Nov 28, 2011,
big fan of the gf730s here. also maybe you could find a used epiphone masterbilt or used seagull s6 in your price range - the epi has more bass, the seagull a more balanced tone.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_dr500_me.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/seagull_s6_the_original.htm
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Nov 28, 2011,
Quote by AdamDCMA
And it doesnt have to be electric-acoustic!

Generally, it does. Many people find that out too late, and start threads here, wanting to know which pickup to buy.

BTW, the old country standard is the Gibson J-200. I've been seeing a lot of Jumbos and grand auditorium bodies in country. I think they're more prevalent the the dreadnaughts, not sure though.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 29, 2011,
What is the difference between the Yamaha FG700MS and FG700S?
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3